Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 10:32 pm

Personally, I will love this platform, because though it will be annoying to me with its economic opinions, I shall indulge in its cultural offerings.

Twitter has had neither cultural or economic opinions that I have ever appreciated, for the most part. I anticipate Twitter will be a niche platform within about 3 years, with most people migrating to TS.

Twitter has been an absolute joke over the last 10 years. Stupid opinions by ill informed people for the most part, both left & right of the political spectrum.

Hits for controversy, no respect for balance or logic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/20/trump-truth-social-app-fully-operational-march-devin-nunes

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 10:02 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I anticipate Twitter will be a niche platform within about 3 years, with most people migrating to TS.

Twitter has been an absolute joke over the last 10 years. Stupid opinions by ill informed people for the most part, both left & right of the political spectrum.

twitter is stupid - you can't get nuance into 280 characters.
But I'm sure there will only be well informed scientific debate on Donald Q. Trump's very own Platform. I'm sure only the truthest of information will be shared. At least, if Trump and the QAnons got banned. Until then, I guess it won't be as divisive as Twitter, or divisive at all, because there won't be non-Trump, non-Qs on there. Just the chosen one and his echo.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 3:12 am

shlaifu wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I anticipate Twitter will be a niche platform within about 3 years, with most people migrating to TS.

twitter is stupid - you can't get nuance into 280 characters.
But I'm sure there will only be well informed scientific debate on Donald Q. Trump's very own Platform. I'm sure only the truthest of information will be shared. At least, if Trump and the QAnons got banned. Until then, I guess it won't be as divisive as Twitter, or divisive at all, because there won't be non-Trump, non-Qs on there. Just the chosen one and his echo.

Haha, true.

Truth Social will be just like Twitter has been at the beginning, with the leftist extremists spouting absolute nonsense, at least in the beginning, except it will be the polar opposite of the extreme left - the extreme right doing the same thing as Twitter clowns have been doing for a whole decade.

But then the political left, outside of the future popular Truth Social platform, will be left with no voice on their (hypothetical future), niche platform of Twitter (in this hypothetical, future scenario) - and will be forced to migrate over to Truth Social when it becomes the only platform available with any political impact, and which will take down the big tech' oligarchy, in the event it is successful.

The left will then experience fighting for their lives, to have their voice heard, against a bunch of Republicans in the United States who are packing literal heat.

Oh, the irony of this situation. It will really bring people down to Earth.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Feb 2022, 4:03 am

History shows that attempted “splinters” of a popular platform motivated largely by discontent with the current options - Mastodon, Gab, Parler, Voat, the list goes on - struggle to compete with the mainstream offering. If you want to succeed, you have to offer either a distinct service (Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok) or a better one (Discord, WhatsApp) - ideally both.

In the unlikely event that Truth Social does present a better service than Twitter, such that it attracts people other than overly-online hardcore Trump supporters and becomes something like what Twitter is now - well, it will be like Twitter is now, with far-right voices drowned out by the full spectrum of views. Then the cycle will probably repeat.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 10:34 am

The_Walrus wrote:
History shows that attempted “splinters” of a popular platform motivated largely by discontent with the current options - Mastodon, Gab, Parler, Voat, the list goes on - struggle to compete with the mainstream offering. If you want to succeed, you have to offer either a distinct service (Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok) or a better one (Discord, WhatsApp) - ideally both.

In the unlikely event that Truth Social does present a better service than Twitter, such that it attracts people other than overly-online hardcore Trump supporters and becomes something like what Twitter is now - well, it will be like Twitter is now, with far-right voices drowned out by the full spectrum of views. Then the cycle will probably repeat.

That is basically what I said/meant, but you worded the message better. 8)

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 12:13 pm

... but... we all know that it's going to be indistinguishable from Twitter except the little bird in the logo will be a star-spangled eagle.

there will be a million or so Trump-truthers on there and temporarily a few journalists. Oh, and maybe some FBI, because the Trump-truthers will be planning to overthrow the government on a public messaging platform.
Just like secret services are interested in other messaging services to hunt whoever they consider terrorist that day, just more stupid.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 12:21 pm

Just as I predict, bigots will create their own platform to sprout their hate. Reminds me of Chimpout and I was shocked that even a racist forum would exist and that place eventually shut down by the host. I guess too many people reported it.

Then before you know it, someone will create their own hosting server and bigots will go there and host their websites from them.

And I try to avoid anything political on Twitter since it's easy to misinterpret and misunderstand comments. I just think lot of people are stupid there and look for anything to be offended by.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 6:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Just as I predict, bigots will create their own platform to sprout their hate. Reminds me of Chimpout and I was shocked that even a racist forum would exist and that place eventually shut down by the host. I guess too many people reported it.

Then before you know it, someone will create their own hosting server and bigots will go there and host their websites from them.

And I try to avoid anything political on Twitter since it's easy to misinterpret and misunderstand comments. I just think lot of people are stupid there and look for anything to be offended by.

The extreme left is full of commie bigots & the extreme right full of Nazi bigots, has been my profound experience of either extreme of the political spectrum, left or right.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 7:01 pm

They banned Devin Nunes' Cow.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... red-2022-2

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 7:10 pm

shlaifu wrote:
... but... we all know that it's going to be indistinguishable from Twitter except the little bird in the logo will be a star-spangled eagle.

there will be a million or so Trump-truthers on there and temporarily a few journalists. Oh, and maybe some FBI, because the Trump-truthers will be planning to overthrow the government on a public messaging platform.
Just like secret services are interested in other messaging services to hunt whoever they consider terrorist that day, just more stupid.

Yep. Probably more than half of the United States, a country that has a population of what, 330 million - which would be 165 million, have extreme views according to the establishment.

Labelling half of a country as terrorists, is a recipe for intelligence services to get their asses kicked, regardless of superior technology or surveillance technology they have dominion over/can utilise.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 8:39 pm

Any partisan political party, on either side, calling a media platform "Truth" is the epitome of ironic, erm, irony. 8)

Can you sue for false advertising? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 8:41 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Bouts of fanatical partisan hatred can be found on many websites. <irony> 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 8:48 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

The extreme left is full of commie bigots & the extreme right full of Nazi bigots, has been my profound experience of either extreme of the political spectrum, left or right.

Indeed.
That is self-evident, for those non-cyclopeans amongst us. 8)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 8:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Indeed.

That is self-evident, for those non-cyclopeans amongst us. 8)

Yes. Extremists are just like cyborg worker robots in a lot of cases. They don't even think about what they are doing in terms of political action, or the devastating consequences of their actions, for the lives they don't even realise they have ruined.