Page 59 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 2:30 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When people swear a lot, as in they can't even say a complete sentence in casual conversation without dropping an f-bomb, all I hear are the swears, I don't hear or remember anything else. And yet they seem to think that will make me listen to them even more when all I'm thinking is how I need to wash my ears out.

I hear you. I may be fine with mild swears like 'damn', 'hell', and 'crap', I get really peeved when someone blatantly blurts out an S-bomb or F-bomb like nobody's business, especially when they say them excessively like sailors. :wall: And the wosrt part? This has become more prominent in media, too! Like namely, She-Hulk, Cyberpunk, and Hazbin Hotel (I know those shows are PRETTY dark, but still, they don't necessarily HAVE to be excessively profane!)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 2:41 pm

A pet peeve of mine: when I’m at an especially good part/climax of a piece of classical music, and the volume suddenly goes down and my headset says: “Low battery. Please recharge headset.”

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 3:53 pm

sunroofs in cars that are designed to subtract headroom. rubber band tires [ultra low profile] that ride like crap over bumpy roads.

Bestiola
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Feb 2024, 5:23 pm

noisy, nosy, judgemental, snobbish, arrogant, condescending, hypocritical, fake, cruel, lazy bastards... :evil:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 5:43 pm

Bigots, Bullies, Snobs, and their enablers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm

People who cough during classical music concerts, ballets, etc. Yeah, I know I should be more tolerant, especially since they aren’t usually doing it on purpose. It’s still irritating.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:05 pm

backworldsmen who resist any technological innovation, preferring "the good ol' days." i saw a guy wearing a pin on his shirt, it read "back to mono!" :roll:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:08 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
When people swear a lot, as in they can't even say a complete sentence in casual conversation without dropping an f-bomb, all I hear are the swears, I don't hear or remember anything else. And yet they seem to think that will make me listen to them even more when all I'm thinking is how I need to wash my ears out.

I hear you. I may be fine with mild swears like 'damn', 'hell', and 'crap', I get really peeved when someone blatantly blurts out an S-bomb or F-bomb like nobody's business, especially when they say them excessively like sailors. :wall: And the wosrt part? This has become more prominent in media, too! Like namely, She-Hulk, Cyberpunk, and Hazbin Hotel (I know those shows are PRETTY dark, but still, they don't necessarily HAVE to be excessively profane!)

Swearing bothered me more when I was younger. It was probably related to remnants of my Christian upbringing. At this point, I don’t mind swearing at all as long as it’s not directed at me. Well, I don’t care for slurs, but everything else is fine by me.

Slurs are a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 29 Feb 2024, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
backworldsmen who resist any technological innovation, preferring "the good ol' days." i saw a guy wearing a pin on his shirt, it read "back to mono!" :roll:

He just misses his hometown.

Or maybe I'm dumb, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with stereo. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:11 pm

Self-appointed 'psychologists' diagnosing everyone around them with their currently favorite behavioral disorder.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:41 pm

Smileactives commercials. I especially hate the commercial where the old man says that he's eating blueberries and drinking black coffee and he teeth are still getting whiter.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 7:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the late music producer phil spector hated stereo and was dragged kicking and screaming into it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 7:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the late music producer phil spector hated stereo and was dragged kicking and screaming into it.

I guess the assumption I'm relying on is that outside of people who mess around with audio regularly, how many people would care enough to express their view on stereo v. mono to the world?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 7:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I guess the assumption I'm relying on is that outside of people who mess around with audio regularly, how many people would care enough to express their view on stereo v. mono to the world?

there is a website called bsn.pubs that is devoted to all things stereo and mono.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 7:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:

auntblabby wrote:
there is a website called bsn.pubs that is devoted to all things stereo and mono.

Is that where you encountered the guy?

The fact that communities exist for specialized interests doesn't indicate any given person is familiar with those communities or interests. I feel like without more context the idea that he's a big fan of monaural audio recordings is only one potential explanation. Definitely a solid one, but not one that's confirmed.

Without adequate context to confirm he's a luddite I wouldn't get caught up on it. I tend to ask questions when I find myself in those situations though. I'd need to ask 'oh, not a fan of stereo?', maybe he'd have a decent answer for why, even if I don't agree.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

auntblabby wrote:

Is that where you encountered the guy? The fact that communities exist for specialized interests doesn't indicate any given person is familiar with those communities or interests. I feel like without more context the idea that he's a big fan of monaural audio recordings is only one potential explanation. Definitely a solid one, but not one that's confirmed. Without adequate context to confirm he's a luddite I wouldn't get caught up on it. I tend to ask questions when I find myself in those situations though. I'd need to ask 'oh, not a fan of stereo?', maybe he'd have a decent answer for why, even if I don't agree.

he eschewed anything digital, and in fact preferred phonograph records and had a big collection of 78 rpm disks. met him at an old record store back in the day. spector preferred mono because he believed the typical music listener would not take the required steps to properly reproduce any stereo mix he could do.