Page 60 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
he eschewed anything digital, and in fact preferred phonograph records and had a big collection of 78 rpm disks. met him at an old record store back in the day.

Ahh, there's the context that was missing. :nerdy:

auntblabby wrote:
spector preferred mono because he believed the typical music listener would not take the required steps to properly reproduce any stereo mix he could do.

Sounds like blaming the listener for his own shortcomings. His mixes are mushy and indistinct, probably because they're too busy to begin with.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:26 pm

mono in recent years has made a big comeback at least with playback gear, for the most part it is little bose wave radios [no stereo separation in something that small] and amazon alexa speakers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
mono in recent years has made a big comeback at least with playback gear, for the most part it is little bose wave radios [no stereo separation in something that small] and amazon alexa speakers.

I've heard quite a bit about the need to check things in mono when one is mixing, and that's one of the reasons people tend to give.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've heard quite a bit about the need to check things in mono when one is mixing, and that's one of the reasons people tend to give.

judging from what i've heard, a lot of engineers aren't doing such a good job of that, a lot of mono songs i've heard on portable one-speaker playback systems sound hollow [ a sign of cancellation caused by poor phasing in mixing].

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 9:45 pm

when i'm on the litterbox and someone has the nerve to pound on the door, open the door, or anything like that.

when i'm in an enclosed location like the bus and someone's coughing. esp if they're umasked

when precious lil "people" bark @ me for every slightest thing i (allegedly) did wrong, but when they do something i don't like, i don't have the nerve to tell those ass holes.

loud music

personal questions

idiots talking and screaming way too loudly.

annoying lil dipshits making unjustified expectations and assumptions.

"friends" that make positive judgments about me and expect me to say "thank you", like they did me a personal favor by telling me "you are smart". but that's condescending, judgmental, and manipulative. everyone is "smart". it means nothing. and for him to say "you are smart", implies that he has a moral right to assess/evaluate/judge my intelligence (or lack thereof).

when precious lil "people" have the nerve to touch me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2024, 9:35 pm

JWs standing at the corner hoping to steal Christmas from their next sucker.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 10:01 pm

'Hey, I learnt how to do this thing and I'm excited about it!'

'You mean that super basic thing we all learnt as kids?'

'Well I didn't. I was supposed to, but, well, life happened'

'Well, I mean it's not exactly impressive'.

Oh shut up. It is to me, because unlike you I wasn't taught this. Maybe to you it isn't all that game changing, but it's important to me and I should get to be happy about it.

Let people be happy about learning new skills, even if it's at an older age than expected.

/rant over.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 8:48 pm

when you have salad at cafes or restaurants and they put the red onion in the salad :eew: even picking it out doesn't take the horrible taste away. :eew: :eew: