Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LordMikey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2022, 7:11 pm

I was just listening to the voices in my head, and one of them was singing a suicidal song... I thought: What if I really am hearing real ghosts? What if the ghosts of people who killed themselves, who can't cross over (or whatever) are still suicidal? Being suicidal with no body to kill sounds horrible. Poor ghost! <Adds item to her List of Reasons Not to Kill Myself>

P.S. I am a college educated adult living in the State of Oregon, USA.

I am not qualified to give advice of a medical or psychiatric nature.

THANK YOU!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 7:29 pm

That's almost as horrifying as Wrist Cutters.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 7:32 pm

That's a great ability.
The ability to contact ghosts.

What key was the song in? What kind...lyrical or instrumental?

Yeah, may be. Lost souls.

I learned how to use sarcasm also. I don't know if I have a force field though. That sounds useful to have.

What's so horrifying?
Why be scared. Embrace it.
That's a great ability.

Those M. Knight shamalyan movies....I liked them.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 7:37 pm

Ever watched Ghost Whisperer?

Haven't watched in a while, but the main character (Jenny Love Hewitt) tends to see ghosts, and helps them with certain tasks so they can move on to the afterlife.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 8:13 pm

The alleged existence of ghosts is purely speculative. Please consult an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health practitioner regarding these voices in your head.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 9:27 pm

LordMikey wrote:
I was just listening to the voices in my head, and one of them was singing a suicidal song... I thought: What if I really am hearing real ghosts? What if the ghosts of people who killed themselves, who can't cross over (or whatever) are still suicidal? Being suicidal with no body to kill sounds horrible. Poor ghost! <Adds item to her List of Reasons Not to Kill Myself>

A lot of people have aberrant thoughts going on in their heads.
Nothing new here.
The trick is to ignore them.

The more you listen to the nonsense, the more persistent they can become.
If you start acting out what they are suggesting you end up being their "biatch", so just resist. :mrgreen:

The best thing to do is focus on the here and now and what you are doing, to push the nonsense in the background.
As the saying goes: "If you are eating an apple, focus on eating an apple." :wink:

LordMikey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2022, 9:43 pm

Quote:

Fnord wrote:
The alleged existence of ghosts is purely speculative. Please consult an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health practitioner regarding these voices in your head.

I can't believe how boring you are. :roll:

THANK YOU!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 9:48 pm

LordMikey wrote:
Quote:
Fnord wrote:

I can't believe how boring you are. :roll:

Careful.
He does bite. :mrgreen:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 9:50 pm

@OP

Test your theory.

Do some research to figure out what kinds of things you'd have to do in order to tell the difference between trapped spirits and noisy neural circuitry. If it's the former (ie. ghosts) and you know what should work, what they should react to in some shape or form, or in what ways you can do things that actually help them in that state and if it works - great. If there's no reaction and random songs of that sort keep up indifferently, you'll know its stray wires.

If it ends up being noisy neural circuitry try meditation, see what kinds of trauma or junk your subconscious mind might be latching onto and trying to vent (ie. in that case there might be clear reasons its doing that which you haven't consciously processed or contended with).

And.... if none of that works and it's happening just because it's happening, that's when you have to take the schizophrenia hypothesis seriously. Don't have-to-have-to take meds but it's good to have them on hand if you wake up one morning and every corner of the house is verbally cutting you down and the walls won't hold still.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LordMikey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2022, 10:13 pm

It is normal for me to have coherent conversations with these "ghosts"; they seem to respond to me. I often think I am hearing the thoughts of other living humans, and sometimes they try to convince the they are gods (or God the Almighty).

This is my normal life. I spend a LOT of time alone, and always have.

I think meditation is good. People should meditate.

THANK YOU!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 10:23 pm

LordMikey wrote:
It is normal for me to have coherent conversations with these "ghosts"; they seem to respond to me. I often think I am hearing the thoughts of other living humans, and sometimes they try to convince the they are gods (or God the Almighty).

This is my normal life. I spend a LOT of time alone, and always have.

I think meditation is good. People should meditate.

Agreed.
Meditation clears the mind.
Hopefully, it will clear your mind of the "ghosts". 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 10:27 pm

LordMikey wrote:

Okay right but, I think you want to also keep in mind that - assuming non-physicalist metaphysics - there are also all kinds of other things, like thought-forms or 'larvae', that you could be dealing with. There's also the issue Andres Gomez Emilsson brought up a while back in respect to universal Darwinism, that if something is contacting you (especially if it's Robert Anton Wilson style experiences where they try to sell you delusions of grandeur or tell you they're Pleiadians or some high counsel from Venus) it's best to make sure you consider that whatever it is isn't simply trying to get your attention and run it's evolutionary hustle on you in a parasitic way.

I guess it depends on your level of curiosity at figuring out what these are and how deep down the estoeric rabbit hole you're willing to go with it. The other problem as well, it can be a struggle to figure out whose actually credible in terms of authors, thinkers, etc.. For more traditional magicians and the like you can listen to the Glitch Bottle podcasts (a lot of the Traditional Solomonic Community's top brass are on there regularly), or if you're looking for more scientific or science-adjacent philosophy looking into Donald Hoffman or even to some degree Stephen Wolfram and even Karl Friston can give you some ideas (eg. Hoffman's Conscious Realism, Wolfram's ruliad, or what I at least think Friston's free energy principle adds even if he's technically a physicalist). In all of that though I'd probably avoid Theosophy, at worst if you have to go Hermetic maybe see what Dione Fortune would say but really do your best to stay away from pop ghost-hunters or new age gurus, they're different sides of the same dumpster.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 4:20 am

LordMikey wrote:
Quote:
Fnord wrote:
I can't believe how boring you are.
I am here to inform and be informed — not to entertain or be entertained.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 6:42 pm

I've never had many auditory hallucinations. Only during a couple of acute exacerbations, and other than the very first time, it doesn't bother me. An external voice (like standing over you from behind), albeit far too deep to be considered human. I mostly just see things. The human shadows and various shapes. Likely too much 5-HT2A there. No, I don't do drugs, my brain makes its own. :P It doesn't bother me either, outside of taking a second look because that's what you'd automatically do.

It's sometimes hard to tell what's paranoia with me and what's just genuine fear from life events. I guess the medication tells me that one, as the more irrational fears go there. The same will be true for delusions, but ironically, learning what's "not real" has allowed me better to understand what's real. Disorganized thinking is what gets me the most. I have high insight, which is why I'm good with my Schizophrenia, albeit it likely adds to my suffering having such, and the rest of the symptoms, the negative ones, are the same as autism for all intents.

I don't like talking about Schizophrenia, as there's always that stigma and I fear people will judge me negatively for it, even though "we" tend to be victims more than the opposite. I developed it later on in life, likely brought out by those stressful life events (which is what they say). Yeah, my brain is messed up, but I'm doing alright considering.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 7:04 pm

LordMikey wrote:
It is normal for me to have coherent conversations with these "ghosts"; they seem to respond to me. I often think I am hearing the thoughts of other living humans, and sometimes they try to convince the they are gods (or God the Almighty). .

I can tell you authoritatively now. Those ghosts are LIARS.

Stupid damn ghosts, always trying to run their line of BS on mortals.

It's alright to talk to them. But don't fall for their tricks.

Just remember , Ghosts are habitual liars. With their ability to see things we' cant' see, it gives them an edge, therefore they might be convincing at times. But you can never trust what they say, really.

Cause remember, Ghosts are LIARS!!

They're jealous of us alive ones.

It's alright to entertain a ghost, be entertained by a ghost....but Ghosts are Ghosts. Dont trust a ghost!

No matter if it's a spookily hot spectrish ghostly apparitition....she's still a dead chick!...Don't trust HEr!! ! and what ever you do, don't get any ectoplasm on you!! !...

No matter if they're friendly....

How to deal with a problematic Ghost....

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 8:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
LordMikey wrote:
Quote:
Fnord wrote:
The alleged existence of ghosts is purely speculative. Please consult an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health practitioner regarding these voices in your head.[/color]
I can't believe how boring you are.
I am here to inform and be informednot to entertain or be entertained.[/color]

Since when? :scratch: <joke> :mrgreen: