Anybody from any race can be a racist.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 11:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course there is! Another one is "honkie."

Anybody from any race can be a racist.

I wouldn't get offended though if a black person called white people that. I just laugh and move on. Shame the western world's gone too PC.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 11:08 am

Being called a "cracker" or "honkie" is almost equivalent to being called the "N-word" within a US context.

Calling somebody the "N-word," though, is more intense than being called a "cracker" or a "honkie" because of the history behind the "N-word"---the legacy of slavery.

Being called a "cracker" implies that you are illiterate/uneducated/crude/dirty. Very similar to "trailer trash." A "honkie" is more like a general slur for any white person.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Mar 2022, 9:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Being called a "cr****r" or "honkie" is almost equivalent to being called the "N-word" within a US context.

Calling somebody the "N-word," though, is more intense than being called a "cr****r" or a "honkie" because of the history behind the "N-word"---the legacy of slavery.

Being called a cr****r implies that you are illiterate/uneducated/crude/dirty. Very similar to "trailer trash." A "honkie" is more like a general slur for any white person.
I'm in the US & I've heard the word cr****r used a bit & I never known any white people who were majorly bothered by that word. For the most part the white people I've known & seen just shrug it off or chuckle. Even the very racists white people who use the N word as an insult were not bothered by the word cr****r. I really do believe this is a case of some non-whites assuming that us white people must be bothered by something when we couldn't care less about it. Unfortunately this behavior is very common these days where one group assumes that another group finds something majorly offensive without ever checking to see if said group really does. This is like Autism Speaks assuming that us autistics must want to be cured instead of actually talking to us autistics about what we want. Different groups should be allowed to talk for themselves & be listened to when they do instead of others who are not part of that group assuming they know what that group wants & what that group is bothered by without ever checking with that group.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition