Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

lforanlewis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2022, 11:45 am

Hello,
I am a nurse conducting an online anonymous IRB-approved research study on how autistics and other stakeholders use autism research and what aspects of research are important to them. I would love to post information about this study here. Is there an appropriate place to share this information on WrongPlanet?
Thanks,
Laura

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2022, 12:43 pm

The General Autism Discussion forum sounds like it would be a good fit, here:
viewforum.php?f=3

lforanlewis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2022, 12:47 pm

Thank you!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 6:25 pm

One of the problems with "autism research" is that autism seems to be considered a monolithic disorder within these studies---rather than a disorder with a wide spectrum of symptomatography.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2022, 6:45 pm

lforanlewis wrote:
Where to post research notice?
Is it true, is it helpful, and is it necessary?

If none of the above, then try the “Philosophy, Politics, and Religion” forum.

cchow
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2022, 1:57 pm

Hi
Just on a similar thread, I'm hoping to do a research related post too although not sure if there are any particular rules around this?

If there are any recommendations around other online platforms/forums I would gladly receive these too!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 2:02 pm

cchow wrote:
Hi
Just on a similar thread, I'm hoping to do a research related post too although not sure if there are any particular rules around this?

If there are any recommendations around other online platforms/forums I would gladly receive these too!

Getting permission from a moderator is a good idea.

cchow
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2022, 2:10 pm

Good idea thanks!
Hoping this gets spotted by a moderator? Or I'll give it a few days and see if I need to message directly...

Also noticed the error message that I'm not allowed to post URLs as a new member- moderator/site admin, what do I need to do?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Apr 2022, 3:35 pm

cchow wrote:
Good idea thanks!
Hoping this gets spotted by a moderator? Or I'll give it a few days and see if I need to message directly...
In this forum is a topic detailing how to get a moderator's attention - but now you have it, I guess that's moot. :lol:

Quote:
Also noticed the error message that I'm not allowed to post URLs as a new member- moderator/site admin, what do I need to do?
Contribute more and the restriction goes away automatically. :wink:

So, what will your research cover?
Will it allow anonymous contributions?
Will you publish the results as well as the response-gathering part? It's nice if members can see the results of something they've freely contributed to.

cchow
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2022, 2:18 pm

Hello! That was impressively speedy :)
So my research project is about identity and wellbeing in autistic people. We're really interested in exploring more about how autistic people think about strengths or positive attributes of autism. It seems like a relatively sparse and it would be nice to just shine a bit of light on it (hopefully).

It is completely online and anonymous- there is an option to enter a prize draw by giving your email but that information will be managed separately and not linked to the survey responses.

I think we would aim to publish but I suppose this depends on whether it gets accepted! But regardless of this we have plans to definitely offer a summary of the findings for anyone who is interested, especially like you say for those who have given their time and attention to help contribute to it.

I hope that all makes sense?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Apr 2022, 5:28 pm

Speedy? Ah, we aim to please... 8)

Thanks for the information - that sounds quite interesting.

I'd suggest the General Autism Discussion forum would be best, here: viewforum.php?f=3

Feel free to publish a description of the research and a link to the questions there.
Even a summary of the results would be of interest, I'm sure.

Good luck!

cchow
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2022, 12:29 pm

Thank you so much for your help!