Excellent videos to share with the neurotypicals

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MaffooClock
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2022, 11:00 am

Yo! I just ran across a YouTube channel called "Aspergers from the Inside" -- there are tons of fantastic videos on all sorts of topics from a fellow Aspie. Just scrolling through the video list, I've already seen more than a dozen topics that I'm very eager to watch.

There are three in particular that as I was watching, I thought, "These would be really great to share with a few (neurotypical) people I know to help them understand things a little better."

1) 7 Signs of Autism in Men (DSM-5 Symptoms of Autism/Aspergers in High Functioning Autistic Adults) -- He does share a few links to videos specific to women, by the way. As for me having been recently enlightened (isn't that a better word than diagnosed?), those close to me might need a little help understanding what autism is and isn't.

2) 9 Positive Autistic Traits (that you may not already know!) -- A lot of things become so clear after watching this, and it pairs well with the video above.

3) Autism vs ADHD (The Difference between ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder) -- I was diagnosed with ADHD about 6 years ago, and it explained a lot. After my recent "enlightment" (re-confirming ADHD along with the new ASD diagnosis) I'm still discovering how many of the traits I thought were ADHD that are actually ASD, such as hyperfocus -- in ADHD, that's actually "hyperdistraction" or "hyperstimulation" as he calls it, which is insanely accurate, I think.

I only got a few videos deep into thus guy's channel before I just had to stop and share.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 2:04 pm

Video #2 is GREAT!

My first thought is I want to bring it to the attention of my bride.

P.S. My bride is not only ADHD but was also born and raised in Texas. Sigh. This leads to the following observation:

>=>=>What do you call a group of Texans?

>=>=>=>=>My answer: LOUD!

>=>=>=>=>Her answer: A PARTY!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:48 pm

The “Ask an Autistic” youtube series by Amythest Schaber

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2022, 7:13 pm

Carol Bird is phenomenal

Wreck It Ralph

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 1:58 pm

I watched 2) 9 Positive Autistic Traits (that you may not already know!)

It was a good viewpoint.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 3:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The “Ask an Autistic” youtube series by Amythest Schaber

She's my favourite 'autistic Youtuber'