Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2022, 7:12 pm

I feel really out of it. I feel shame for being who I am sometimes. People think I'm weird in a bad way. Younger relatives tease me. Also people I dont even know stare at me.

Its like they know I'm different.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 1:37 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
I feel really out of it. I feel shame for being who I am sometimes. People think I'm weird in a bad way. Younger relatives tease me. Also people I dont even know stare at me.

If you are younger, you simply need to push through.
When you are older like me, you have the luxury of becoming a recluse, like me. ;)

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2022, 6:40 am

Crystal1414 wrote:

It may not be easy, but finding other outsiders would probably help. Most people are afraid of standing out, but they also hate being labelled conformists. They need the illusion of individuality, while hiding in a secure group setting. Interacting with them is always a struggle.

Try to remember you're a threat to their illusion. They are afraid of accepting people who cannot relate to their view. That's why they respond as they do.