Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 8:26 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 5:52 am

I am rather new to this saga of Chris Chan -that many of you all talk about. Dont know what to make of the phenom.

Dont have a whole hour to watch this right now. Will hafta return to it. It is interesting...on various levels.

Interesting that the whole internet has become a kind of village. And like every village it has its "village idiot".

He is rather creative though apparently. Draws, designs games.

Among the clutter in his room is a proudly displayed cover of an old vinyl LP of Glen Campbell singing country duets with Bobbi Gentry. I just downloaded that album myself a couple weeks ago. So that makes me like the guy (because he likes an obscure thing that I also like...so he cant be all bad). :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 12:20 pm

Trolls are so obsessed with him it's hilarious. Why do they care about some guy online?

I also thought Chris was a troll himself trolling his trolls because who in their right mind would continue doing things that gets negative attention? So I thought he was doing it all intentionally to get their attention and it was trolls trolling each other which made it amusing. Now I think he was just a slow learner dude because someone with normal intelligence would have stopped putting themselves out there due to trolls unless they are an attention whore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 12:55 pm

I haven't finished it, but I feel like in a lot of ways Chris-Chan is a tragic example of how badly someone with ASD can be failed by everything around them, as well as a reminder that ASD isn't an immunity to personality disorders and other mental health conditions that might contribute to antisocial behaviours.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 5:37 pm

After finding out he assaulted his mum I lost all interest. The idea is so disgusting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 6:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I haven't finished it, but I feel like in a lot of ways Chris-Chan is a tragic example of how badly someone with ASD can be failed by everything around them, as well as a reminder that ASD isn't an immunity to personality disorders and other mental health conditions that might contribute to antisocial behaviours.

Pretty much it. He is a slow motion train wreck. And its not really his fault.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 8:24 am

I wonder what's going to happen to him after his mother dies. Apparently the house he lives in isn't in his name and instead owned by his mother who's in debt and and has the house on some mortgage where the banks repossess it after her death.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2022, 10:58 am

I’m going to avoid touching that if at all possible. I don’t think Christine’s internet infamy has done her any good. I’m not really qualified to offer an opinion beyond that and don’t think anything good would come from me joining the dogpile.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2022, 6:40 am

Personally, my opinion is that Christine Chandler is a sh***y person, and most of the people mocking her are just as bad or worse than her, and treat her far worse than her shittiness actually deserves.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 4:36 am

Shouldn't the title be "the Chris-Chan Controversy" not "conspiracy"?

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2022, 3:32 am

I don't know a lot about this particular person but I know a lot about the type of saddos who make these 'documentaries' about people with learning difficulties (or 'lolcows' in their cringeworthy parlance).

I was shocked to see that Spotify hosts a podcast series dedicated to bullying this person.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 5:09 pm

Ettina wrote:
Personally, my opinion is that Christine Chandler is a sh***y person, and most of the people mocking her are just as bad or worse than her, and treat her far worse than her shittiness actually deserves.

It's a bit of a stretch to say most people mocking him are far worse than than he is given the accusations against him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 10:08 am

I've lost interest a long time ago. He only talks about the negatives about ASDs that affect him and he showcases his weaknesses instead of his strengths. No wonder he's always getting trolled.