Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 6:12 pm

If the seal on top was gone, that bad right? I think I know the answer, I want to be sure. Do you think adults can take Benadryl?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 8:25 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
If the seal on top was gone, that bad right? I think I know the answer, I want to be sure. Do you think adults can take Benadryl?

If its a new bottle and the seal is missing than you should probably throw them away.

And yes adults can certainly take benadryl. I don't use it because it makes me feel too weird so I go for other allergy/sinus medicines if I'm having allergies and sniffles, but yeah no reason an adult can't take benadryl.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 10:18 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

I would not take it because it may be tampered but Benadryl is a common otc med that most adults can safely take but I would talk to your local pharmacist or dr

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2022, 11:50 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I would not take it because it may be tampered but Benadryl is a common otc med that most adults can safely take but I would talk to your local pharmacist or dr

Why? I been taking Benadryl Al my life.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2022, 11:54 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

If the seal was tampered that bottle might be unsafe.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:08 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Just each person can have a different reaction to any drug even OTC ones.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 5:26 pm

What if the bottle is wrapped in plastic & still have no seal

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 10:36 pm

Was the seal on the bottle when you bought it?

Don't buy any medical products that don't have intact tamper evident seals.
The Tylenol incident in the US in the 80s was the main driver in all products being tamper evident.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 10:49 pm

Don't they usually come with warnings that say "do not use if seal is broken"? As in broken before you open it yourself, I mean?

I don't take it, but I'm sure they have brands for both children and adults.

I read Tick Schlock had a "Benadryl Challenge", where they gave people information to abuse the drug, and three teens ended up in the hospital. Are NT teens really that stupid? :roll:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 11:11 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
What if the bottle is wrapped in plastic & still have no seal

By seal I expect that means some kind of seal over top of bottle after cap is removed, yes?

Is there any visible sign of that kind of seal ever having been there?

If not, I expect the manufacturing process may have been simplified by removing that production step and wrapping the entire bottle in plastic at end of process.

A number of products which are now done that way have a perforated line in the plastic which makes the plastic easier to tear off before you use the product.
And of course that torn plastic would reveal tampering.

I had to stop using Benedryl in 1990s but have seen bottles of liquid Benedryl which use the all-over plastic wrap as tamper prevention seal.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 7:35 pm

I went on Walmart site, I chatted with someone online, I got a refund on my Benadryl. I get find something else to buy for itching.