28 Mar 2022, 12:08 am

Why would you arrest someone for being black? :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 12:32 am

Joe90 wrote:

Because the police see blacks as habitual offenders. It's also true that most police forces in America won't hire applicants with overly high IQ's.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 2:37 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
These things never happen in blue states.

Sadly, that isn't entirely true. I'm both liberal and a blue state resident, so I'm not saying that to be political. I'm saying it because I've seen the evidence. I want to believe it happens less here, but I don't have the official stats. And, well, it isn't like any geographic location or political persuasion is completely homogeneous. Idiot racists and power hungry narcissists don't only come in red; it would be dishonest and / or naive to think they do.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 2:44 am

Joe90 wrote:

They don't usually think they are. They usually have some excuse, but can't put two and two together to realize the only reason they are connecting whatever excuse they think they have to this particular person is because of the person's skin color.

As an example of the complete cluelessness that can inhibit a racist mind, consider that Ahmad Aubry video was released by one of the perpetrators because he thought it would squash the rumors he was getting away with murder.

I see the same complete inability to connect the dots in sexual harassment, too. Human perception is a very fickle thing. Very few racists or misogynists in today's world admit to even themselves what they are.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Because the police see blacks as habitual offenders. It's also true that most police forces in America won't hire applicants with overly high IQ's.

no more than one standard deviation away from average, which is 106.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 11:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

While I'm not a fan of political correctness when it goes to the extreme like it does in the UK, I still don't agree with authorities racially accusing someone of being a criminal just because they're black. It is just plain racist.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 11:40 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
These things never happen in blue states.

Sadly, that isn't entirely true. I'm both liberal and a blue state resident, so I'm not saying that to be political. I'm saying it because I've seen the evidence. I want to believe it happens less here, but I don't have the official stats. And, well, it isn't like any geographic location or political persuasion is completely homogeneous. Idiot racists and power hungry narcissists don't only come in red; it would be dishonest and / or naive to think they do.

You'd better believe it can happen in Washington or Oregon and those are blue states.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:14 pm

i was a passenger in my [POC] friend's car, the cops all noticed us and followed us everywhere we went. this was in washington state, in western washington. so the pig racism is all over the place. just that it is indeed markedly worse in the bible belt.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i was a passenger in my [POC] friend's car, the cops all noticed us and followed us everywhere we went. this was in washington state, in western washington. so the pig racism is all over the place. just that it is indeed markedly worse in the bible belt.

I think there is still a market for a green book, I can't imagine how nerve wracking it is for an African American family taking a road trip to accidentally drive through an all white town and needing supplies/gas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think there is still a market for a green book, I can't imagine how nerve wracking it is for an African American family taking a road trip to accidentally drive through an all white town and needing supplies/gas.

i think if you were to research that and publish another one on the web at least, you might get some sponsors and make some $$$$ :idea:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 1:35 am

Fishing is very dangerous if you are black

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 10:16 am

auntblabby wrote:

My black uncle was pulled over in southern California while we were going back to our condo from Disneyland. The look on the officer's face when he noticed the rest of the passengers were all white and the officer was like "who are these people?" and my uncle said "This is my family and the little boy that just spoke to me is my nephew and we are just driving back from Disneyland." The officer then made some excuse and let him go and my mom was like "Why did you get pulled over?" and my dad's brother said "because he is black." My mom sat back shocked not knowing how real racism still was to that day. That was her first time she had ever seen it happen in person.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 10:30 am

I've been pulled over for no reason a few times. I've been made to stand in front of police car with its roof search lights blinding me. I've been frisked. I've been handcuffed. I've even been put in the back of a police car more than once. And none of it for any crime I committed or was charged for. And I'm so white, I was teased by other white kids because of it.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I've been pulled over for no reason a few times. I've been made to stand in front of police car with its roof search lights blinding me. I've been frisked. I've been handcuffed. I've even been put in the back of a police car more than once. And none of it for any crime I committed or was charged for. And I'm so white, I was teased by other white kids because of it.

My guess is that the cops in your area pick on anyone who looks weird, in whatever way, for whatever reason -- and you look weird, in one way or another, due to being autistic.

Marginalized minorities of all kinds, not just people of color, are more likely than the average white person to get picked on by cops.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 11:01 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

My guess is that the cops in your area pick on anyone who looks weird, in whatever way, for whatever reason -- and you look weird, in one way or another, due to being autistic.

Marginalized minorities of all kinds, not just people of color, are more likely than the average white person to get picked on by cops.

I look very much like the average normal white person. The kind who can go into high end store and be welcomed. Sales people have tried to sell me expensive art, jewelry and watches. Some people have even thought I was an undercover cop. I remember one time I was walking minding my own business, when someone in a small group ahead of me said, "I wish that damn cop would stop following us".