What's your earliest memories of being trans/NB?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:16 pm

I'm curious to know if anyone can remember when they first started feeling things relating to them not identifying as their assigned gender?

I have memories at as young as 2 of feeling oddly happy when wearing boys shoes, clothes, doing "boys activities", etc. I also remember wondering at 2-3 why I couldn't just be considered a boy, and imagining myself as one.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 7:36 pm

It is a difficult answer for myself, seeing as I was in denial until so late. I remember seeing a picture of myself as a baby in what is essentially like a dress, and thinking it was kind of cool that it was allowed then, and also in one of my first years of school sitting down and thinking it unfair that girls could wear pants and skirts. I otherwise think that I was affected a lot in picking up that I was not even supposed to feel certain ways because I was a boy.

I think that there were some early video games too, where the ability to play both male and female characters did something. I know that Super Mario All Stars was an early one where Peach was my favourite, I do remember thinking some sort of awareness that as a boy I was meant to only like boy characters.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 4:02 am

None.
Because I never, ever thought about it at all. Neither in denial nor assertive.

It's just input for me -- with zero contextual comprehension.
Whether it's a gendered item or activity, I simply never gave a damn.

I cannot remember when I understand the fact that I'm not a girly girl or mistaking me for borderline tomboy.
In which I equally never gave a damn either, so I never tried otherwise.

There's no memory of realization either. More like I've known all along that I never cared.
Only memories that I have no word for it, or how I couldn't describe it.
And the fact I don't have the need to assert that -- so let them be assume I'm called a she and categorized under a her, because I'm accustomed to it.

So what if I generally have more amiable experiences with female oriented activities and crowds as opposed to male oriented types?
It just a familiar social setup to me. Doesn't resonate to my gender or the core of who I'm as a person.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 7:41 am

I don't care what gender I am, it's just that other people care. At first,I just didn't want to be forced to "be like a girl" , and hate pregnancy functions and babies. When I was six years old, I was furious when other people talked about my future children.
My lack of gender awareness was such that I often refused to wear clothes until I was eight because I didn't feel cold and didn't understand the other functions of clothes. Even if I have male guests in my house, I only wear underwear.

As a kid I thought most girls were boring because we lacked the same interests.
But most of my interest groups, almost all male, are subtly excluding me because of my biological sex. This made me start looking forward to a masculine look when I was a teenager.
Then the internet saved me. If I don't have to show my appearance, I can play any typical gender as long as I need to. It doesn't even have to declare my gender. :wink:

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

CrazyEspy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2022, 1:15 pm

Pretty much from birth, I always gravitaated towards girls things and mostly hung out with girls. Besides knowing what I had down there I thought it was just a mistake and still have that dysphoria. I'm alright in general with my body often, I am on the skinny side, have smoother skin, on the femine side feature wise (which further leads me to believe something developmental in the womb happened and I ended up as a biological male). A big issue with me is my constant battle against facial and body hair, hit the genetic jackpot for it like no one else in family. My lighter voice when I actually control it better doesn't really match my body I feel either. There are times I'm thankful I'm too tired from other things I'm dealing with in my life to immediately care about this all.

Masonlandry
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2022, 10:53 am

I started telling people I was a boy as young as 2 years old. My dad seemed to always have known. He always dressed me up in camo and took me out hunting and fishing with him, and taught me all the things dads usually teach a son. He even called me son in a joking way, but he was right lol. By the time I hit middle school and had a lot of trouble with social skills and people I used to be friends with splitting into cliques I didn't fit into, I started being more girly and trying to fit in, but by the time I was 20 or so it just really got to be pointless and I finally accepted that I was trans and transitioned.

Thejediwolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2022, 8:41 pm

My earliest memory was second grade, I had male friends and we played xmen during recess, at home I played mortal kombat and always played as Ken. Colossus was my favorite xmen because he was strong yet sensitive. Make up, dresses, etc made me feel dysphoric so I never wore them, but I didn’t feel male either. I was always androgynous to adulthood.

(They/them)