Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 6:58 pm

Recently I've had a few family members that have had tumors found and they've had surgery to get them removed. Both my grandfathers were affected. My Pap on my father's side had some surgery around his heart and my Pap on my mother's side had some tumors removed related to skin cancer.

Speaking of my dear mother, she's been reporting headaches, shoulder aches, and neverending numbness in the face for a few months now. After many tests and visits to the hospital, my mother tells me the doctors found a tumor in her face the size of somewhere between a grape and an unshelled peanut. Thankfully, the tumor is benign but it still must be removed in order to make the pain and numbness go away.

We're just two months away from the 16th anniversary of when lung cancer took my grandmother on dad's side away.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 7:35 pm

I hate cancer. I always feared my mum getting cancer...but unfortunately the worst did happen and now she's been gone 4 months. My own mum. The person I thought I'd never lose until I'm at least over 50. It's like a nightmare come true.

But that's not to say the same will happen to your mum or any of your other family, as you say the tumours are caught early, are benign and removable. That's good. Well, not good, but better than being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in the bowels after years of being neglected by the doctors.
This could have been prevented. The NHS failed my mum.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 12:55 pm

Yeah it's really scary and unfortunately sometimes like in Joe90s mothers case it goes unnoticed until it's too late.

My tumor was found by accident but I'll never forget how I felt when I was told about its existence. I've been pretty fortunate in a sense that I've had so many scans since then that there's not a part of me that hasn't been looked at and my tumor is under control and I'll be regularly monitored. They can't remove it because of where it is and they don't k ow 100% if it's benign but the odds are that it is so that the best I can hope for.

You just have to stay positive really

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 6:53 pm

My mother's tumor has been scanned. It's inoperable. The doctors think it's benign, but they're not entirely sure. They're going to try and shrink it with radiation.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 8:54 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
My mother's tumor has been scanned. It's inoperable. The doctors think it's benign, but they're not entirely sure. They're going to try and shrink it with radiation.

It's good that it's benign. I have to have mri scans regularly to make sure it's not growing or causing me any problems.

Best wishes.