What happened to the fertility rate in China?

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

D0rf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2022
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 30
Location: long island

21 Apr 2022, 2:08 am

i couldn't tell you in truth but i could make a lot of un-kind assumptions about them.



1986
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 618

21 Apr 2022, 7:40 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. Why does Japan have a high singleness rate?

In my opinion, the economy is the main problem.
Japan is in their class solidification and recession. It is difficult for young people to get a salary that meets a high quality of life through work, so they suppress their desires, reject consumerism and love. This is the so-called "low desire society".

1986 may be supplemented from other perspectives.

I'm missing a point. Ancient China actually had a culture of "appreciating" female weakness and childishness. This is also present in the Chinese cultural subconscious now. This is an important reason why women are hindered by society/themselves from participating in work.
I've heard that modern Japan is more severe than China at this point.

Just filling in the blanks here.

There are different reasons for men and women to stay single in Japan. Marriage and especially child-rearing in Japan is tough due to the many rules and expectations on children and parents, so many young men opt out of it to a) avoid spousal conflicts, b) keep their free time, and c) keep their money. Usually the woman takes charge of the moneykeeping once a couple gets married, and the husband gets a monthly allowance despite it being him earning the bulk of it. Many men hate this system so they avoid marriage in order to be able to spend their money as they like.

The women, on the other hand, would like to get married at some point and have children too, but for them it's usually due to either a) not finding the right guy (who tick all the boxes on the laundry list), or b) prioritising their career. Very few women can enjoy the luxury of returning to their job position where they left it if they have a child. Rather than sacrificing a good career for a crying infant, they avoid marriage altogether and indulge in the benefits of a successful career.

As for systemic discrimination against singles, yes, there are certain tax breaks for families that singles don't enjoy, but they're not very big. Even with the tax breaks working against them, the singles are still able to enjoy a richer lifestyle than if they had a child, assuming the same starting salary.

Source: Mrs. 1986.



ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 5,286
Location: canada

21 Apr 2022, 7:43 am

1986 wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. Why does Japan have a high singleness rate?

In my opinion, the economy is the main problem.
Japan is in their class solidification and recession. It is difficult for young people to get a salary that meets a high quality of life through work, so they suppress their desires, reject consumerism and love. This is the so-called "low desire society".

1986 may be supplemented from other perspectives.

I'm missing a point. Ancient China actually had a culture of "appreciating" female weakness and childishness. This is also present in the Chinese cultural subconscious now. This is an important reason why women are hindered by society/themselves from participating in work.
I've heard that modern Japan is more severe than China at this point.

Just filling in the blanks here.

There are different reasons for men and women to stay single in Japan. Marriage and especially child-rearing in Japan is tough due to the many rules and expectations on children and parents, so many young men opt out of it to a) avoid spousal conflicts, b) keep their free time, and c) keep their money. Usually the woman takes charge of the moneykeeping once a couple gets married, and the husband gets a monthly allowance despite it being him earning the bulk of it. Many men hate this system so they avoid marriage in order to be able to spend their money as they like.

The women, on the other hand, would like to get married at some point and have children too, but for them it's usually due to either a) not finding the right guy (who tick all the boxes on the laundry list), or b) prioritising their career. Very few women can enjoy the luxury of returning to their job position where they left it if they have a child. Rather than sacrificing a good career for a crying infant, they avoid marriage altogether and indulge in the benefits of a successful career.

As for systemic discrimination against singles, yes, there are certain tax breaks for families that singles don't enjoy, but they're not very big. Even with the tax breaks working against them, the singles are still able to enjoy a richer lifestyle than if they had a child, assuming the same starting salary.

Source: Mrs. 1986.


Oh okay, I see. Are their anything men can do to keep some of the money during the marriage such as some kind of prenuptual contract or something like that?



1986
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 618

21 Apr 2022, 7:49 am

ironpony wrote:
Are their anything men can do to keep some of the money during the marriage such as some kind of prenuptual contract or something like that?

One of them is lying.

For example, Japan has a system of giving out bonuses twice a year depending on work performance. The husband gets a bonus of 1,000,000 yen then tells his wife he only got 500,000. Later, he takes the remaining money, goes to a posh hostess club and spends it all on a champagne tower. :lol:



SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2022
Age: 23
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,441
Location: China

21 Apr 2022, 8:11 am

I'm surprised that the tradition of "wife managing money" still exists in Japan. After Japan has been industrialized for so long.
China has a similar tradition, where women in some backward regions ask men to pay large sums of cash when they get married. And generally, men need to have more assets when entering marriage, eg, a house.
Women reap more financial benefits from marriage while having more difficulty working independently, which made up a bondage for both men and women.


_________________
With the help of translation software.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 5,286
Location: canada

21 Apr 2022, 11:02 pm

Oh I see. Well, even if less people are having kids in China, is that a bad thing, or is that a good thing, since they are so overpopulated anyway?



SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2022
Age: 23
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,441
Location: China

22 Apr 2022, 4:11 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. Well, even if less people are having kids in China, is that a bad thing, or is that a good thing, since they are so overpopulated anyway?

Please read other posts under this thread.


_________________
With the help of translation software.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

22 Apr 2022, 5:51 am

1986 wrote:
Rather than sacrificing a good career for a crying infant, they avoid marriage altogether and indulge in the benefits of a successful career.


I have heard that Japanese women look more favourably on being single than men.
Is this correct?

1986 wrote:
As for systemic discrimination against singles, yes, there are certain tax breaks for families that singles don't enjoy, but they're not very big. Even with the tax breaks working against them, the singles are still able to enjoy a richer lifestyle than if they had a child, assuming the same starting salary.

Source: Mrs. 1986.


Intelligent skunks see the wisdom of being single, in terms of finance, also. ;)
I used to tell people that my investment houses were my children and that they made money, not debt.

It has been estimated that each child in Australia would cost more than a quarter of a million dollars to raise, until age 18.
Skrew that. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 5,286
Location: canada

23 Apr 2022, 4:23 pm

Well it seems it's not just China but lots of places all over the world. Could it be feminism that is the cause of it maybe it that seems to be a big reason why in North America?



ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 5,286
Location: canada

30 Apr 2022, 1:35 am

Well it seems that people might take fertility rate seriously because in a conversation with friends, society could collapse with fewer children being had. Here is an article I read on it:

https://www.dw.com/en/why-taiwans-singl ... a-18617944

But if this is true and that the labor force will shrink to a very dangerous level, if more people do not start having kids, how do we encourage people to do so, if the threat of what will happen in 20 years, doesn't concern a lot of people today?



ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 5,286
Location: canada

05 May 2022, 12:18 am

Another thing I was curious about, this whole notion that guys cannot trust women to be faithful if they have been with a lot of guys in their past... Do women think the same thing about men, since most women go for guys who have had a large number of partners?