Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 3:37 pm

Hi:

Hi, I am going to post a thread for other people on the spectrum. I want to talk about the difference when someone is interested in you versus someone who is not. I am going to talk about my boyfriend vs an old crush.

Example: Myself and both guys attended a major pop culture convention

Crush: He only approached me after a few panels or if we were in the same room and appeared to flirt but he was just saying hi in a friendly manner. Otherwise he never invited me to join him on any other panels or ask to tag along with me, he just did his own thing.
- VS-

Boyfriend back then: He called me up when he arrived and he spent most of his time with me, even if there were panels that didn't interested him. He was also willing to go the extra mile to dress up so his costume would fit the theme I was going for.

-VS-

Crush: Was seen flirting with other women

-VS-

Boyfriend back then: He playfully flirted with me during the panels

-VS

Crush: Flirted with me at the end of the panel because he wanted something from me, otherwise he didn't bother to reach out after the event and tell me it was great to see me.

-VS-

Boyfriend back then: He was interested in getting together again and we did

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 8:59 am

Question: In both cases, how soon after you got to know each other did the incidents you described occur?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 7:33 am

Hi Mona:

1. My crush I had known for a while at an adult autism support group. I liked him day 1 but he didn’t like me back, though he did flirt with me and jerk me around. He did such a good job that I stayed hooked. So I chased him.

2. My current boyfriend and I had just met but he liked me from day 1. However, we were friends first though he kept hinted that we go out. I didn’t realize I liked him back until recently.