Multiple Intelligence Theory:Which Area Are You Smartest In?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Out of the multiple intelligences model, which area are you most intelligent in?
Linguistic-Verbal intelligence 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Visual-Spatial Intelligence 33%  33%  [ 11 ]
Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Musical Intelligence 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Interpersonal Intelligence 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Intrapersonal Intelligence 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Logical Mathematical Intelligence 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 8:07 pm

Let's see...

My weakest, by far, has to be logical / mathematical intelligence. I am terrible with numerical patterns and processing such information.

Personally, I would say that my strongest area is my creativity and reasoning ability (outside of numerical). I am able to visualise easily and vividly. However, I have very little sense of direction. I can visualise faces very clearly, but I can't apply that ability to the land around me. The annoying thing about it is even when I know where something is, I can't explain how to get there. If you were to follow me, I could show you because the route is second nature, but I can't translate that information into left, right, up, down, north, east, miles or metres for the life of me. I know the route by the landmarks, the smells, the sensations around me, I walk the same routes and learn them by muscle memory. Spatially I am unaware, but visually? It varies a lot. Making up and visualising fictional worlds and hypothetical situations is easy for me, but I can't mentally make a map of things. People and objects are a lot easier for me to visualise and make sense of then trying to figure out depth or direction.

I lack hand-eye co-ordination but I do have fast reflexes. Generally I do better when I don't think too much about such things, so perhaps my overthinking is hindering me in this aspect.

As for musical, I am good at picking up on and remembering rhythmic patterns. I lack musical ability because I can't read sheet music since the notes dance around the page and switch lines due to my visual processing issues. However, I am good at singing.

Interpersonal varies greatly. I can easily make friends with people that have similar interests. On the other hand, my ability to pick up on sarcasm is very hit and miss.

Finally, intrapersonal and linguistic - verbal I would say are high. I am usually able to improvise speeches and poetry. My ability to visualise and recall sensory information is very useful for making up stories, poems, marketing ideas and speeches. Along with introspection. I am good at taking someone's idea, making the visuals based on their verbal description and pitching ways to improve or further their concept.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 9:37 pm

first of all, i have not wasted an equal amount of energy on each form of intelligence.

effort, efficiency, outcome.

however, if you only consider outcome, and overlook effort,

my best is linguistic-verbal intelligence.

second best logical-math.

interpersonal, a nightmare. autism, social anxiety disorder, vocal cord damage. sometimes i get so uptight/edgy/anxious that even interacting with someone gives me the creeps. (especially the customers at work.)

intrapersonal, a nightmare. i am so weird, and extreme.

kinesthetic. not coordinated

Linguistic-Verbal intelligence
Visual-Spatial Intelligence
Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence
Musical Intelligence
Interpersonal Intelligence
Intrapersonal Intelligence
Logical Mathematical Intelligence

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 3:56 am

I'm pretty inept at all except linguistic/word stuff. It seems to be the only sensory processing part of me that works. All the rest of those skills/intelligences seem to be affected by my neurology, multiple fails.
yeah, my autism is a disability, not a "gift".

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 4:56 am

Ah, hell, I'm a fan of all seven.

But right now, I'm least experienced in bodily and interpersonal, so I can't really tell you how good I'd actually be with those. I was diagnosed as dyspraxic as a child, but honestly I do not trust anything the psychologists said about me back then (I was briefly diagnosed with ADHD, then undiagnosed, and now I'm pretty sure that one guy was actually right).

And when you're isolated from everyone and prevented from making friends in order to "help you develop social skills"... well, that's hardly a conducive environment to knowing you are are with other people.

But these are more modes of thought that different intelligences. Different ways of viewing things. No evidence that they aren't strongly correlated, either.