Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:29 am

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Only if you skulk about near a school. Walking by a school every day shouldn't be a crime. I mean, how do they know you're not on your way to work or something? It's a free country after all. It's discrimination to just accuse men of being a paedophile just for walking past schools every day that happen to be on your walking route. What's this world coming to? Not every man is Jimmy Saville.
When mere suspicion is enough justification for cops to shoot unarmed people in the back, the sight of a 'weird' man walking past a school every day is enough to put that man's life in danger.  Common sense says that you cannot change other people's attitudes -- you can only change your own behavior.  Jamesy would be better off to avoid the school entirely, whether or not classes are in session.

Who said Jamessy is weird? He clearly stated he doesn't intend any harm, just some guy walking by a school. It's not fair to just accuse like that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:30 am

Joe90 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Only if you skulk about near a school. Walking by a school every day shouldn't be a crime. I mean, how do they know you're not on your way to work or something? It's a free country after all. It's discrimination to just accuse men of being a paedophile just for walking past schools every day that happen to be on your walking route. What's this world coming to? Not every man is Jimmy Saville.
When mere suspicion is enough justification for cops to shoot unarmed people in the back, the sight of a 'weird' man walking past a school every day is enough to put that man's life in danger.  Common sense says that you cannot change other people's attitudes -- you can only change your own behavior.  Jamesy would be better off to avoid the school entirely, whether or not classes are in session.

Who said Jamessy is weird? He clearly stated he doesn't intend any harm, just some guy walking by a school. It's not fair to just accuse like that.

I know Fnord has got an attitude problem for sure.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I am not weird either by the way. You know nothing about me.
No one called you 'weird'.

Besides, it does not matter whether or not you think you are 'weird'; it only matters of someone thinks you walking past a school is 'weird' enough to call the cops on you.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
No one called you 'weird'.

Besides, it does not matter whether or not you think you are 'weird'; it only matters of someone thinks you walking past a school is 'weird' enough to call the cops on you.

No you would to have to go in the actual school for the cops to be called.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:45 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
No one called you 'weird'.  Besides, it does not matter whether or not you think you are 'weird'; it only matters of someone thinks you walking past a school is 'weird' enough to call the cops on you.
No, people will call the cops on you for just being near the school.  All it takes is some suspicious busy-body to see you walking along the road near the school to call the cops.  It happens.  The cops have even stopped people who live near a school to ask them what they are doing.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:48 am

I've been living across the street from a high school for the past 20 years and I believe most of them are too busy thinking whatever teenager stuff they're capable of thinking of due to their hormone ravaged brains to really care about adult strangers that just walk by.

But it still doesn't stop my own brain from reminding how I was bullied and harassed constantly as a teenager and why should they stop now that I'm an adult? :(

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:49 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
No one called you 'weird'.  Besides, it does not matter whether or not you think you are 'weird'; it only matters of someone thinks you walking past a school is 'weird' enough to call the cops on you.
No, people will call the cops on you for just being near the school.  All it takes is some suspicious busy-body to see you walking along the road near the school to call the cops.  It happens.  The cops have even stopped people who live near a school to ask them what they are doing.

I live in England but that the police have never stopped me to ask questions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:50 am

Jamesy wrote:
Then why did you start this thread?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Then why did you start this thread?

Well because I am just wondering what assumptions other people might make of me.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Apr 2022, 12:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
As part of my daily routine I go for long walks. I like walking through my local town and on my route I pass by a few schools with absolutely no evil intentions of course.

Can some people jump to all kinds of conclusions assumptions if they see a grown man walking around like a zombie during the day. Pedophile comes to mind :roll:

Zombie might mean to others you have mental issues or are on drugs. Have nowhere really to head to (but unless they stalk you they wont know). But walks are common like that, and beneficial every day. My psych advised me to stop isolating. It's very important for people like us that we go out every day, even if it wastes a lot of time. It's healthy for the head, zombie.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Apr 2022, 12:24 pm

Then, people judge for everything thats true and untrue about people, and nobody knows anyone. Theres no way to live in a way to avoid judgement, we should expect it. We can avoid some, but that means that everyone hides the truth, so then we should stop hiding the truth and making it common. You can erase whatever about you, but be mindful about how much you can negotiate off of yourself, without feeling bad about yourself, or without feeling fake. So long as you're not scaring the kids in the school, and everythings alright.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 12:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They can walk through parks, certainly. I meant, more, private playgrounds which are obviously for children, and have swings and slides and such. I should have been more specific.

They can't remain in them with children around if they are not accompanied by a child.

I should have said that public parks don't have this----but certain private parks do.

In my complex, I cannot hang out in a little park reserved for children unaccompanied by a child. A sign explicitly says this.

Can adults walk their dog through these places?

Unbelievable.

Maybe law enforcement should spend more time prosecuting the SOBs (male and female) who commit crimes against children, instead of posting signs to control our movement.

Is there an icon for that sign? What would the graphic even look like? An X through adults?

What about pregnant women?

What about people who can't have kids or don't have a partner?

Or me, with adult children?

It boggles the mind.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 12:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
They can walk through parks, certainly. I meant, more, private playgrounds which are obviously for children, and have swings and slides and such. I should have been more specific.

They can't remain in them with children around if they are not accompanied by a child.

I should have said that public parks don't have this----but certain private parks do.

In my complex, I cannot hang out in a little park reserved for children unaccompanied by a child. A sign explicitly says this.

Can adults walk their dog through these places?

Unbelievable.

Maybe law enforcement should spend more time prosecuting the SOBs (male and female) who commit crimes against children, instead of posting signs to control our movement.

I wish that dogparks werent just for people with dogs. You gotta ally with someone to get in. At least some you can watch from outside but the dogs wont actually try to play with you or get pet.

I actually wish they existed here. They promised 2 parks, opened one for 3 months, kept the gates closed whenever people were trying to go, then they closed it. Now theyve sold it to someone whos destorying it and building streets which already existed and go nowhere. Legally theres supposed to be one, but corruption doesnt care.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 12:44 pm

I don't go to dog parks. I walk my dog in regular parks. I'm scared of dog parks because the people are usually really chatty. They just walk up to strangers and start talking about their dogs, or thinking they have something in common. Plus the other dogs are often off-lead and they might not be properly vaccinated. I don't want anyone's dog hurting my boy or making him sick. Some sick f's have also been known to steal dogs from dog parks and sell them on the puppy-mill market.

But ... yeah, I see your point. I didn't realise people weren't allowed without dogs? I don't know if it's like that here or not, since I don't do dog parks.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 12:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't go to dog parks. I walk my dog in regular parks. I'm scared of dog parks because the people are usually really chatty. They just walk up to strangers and start talking about their dogs, or thinking they have something in common. Plus the other dogs are often off-lead and they might not be properly vaccinated. I don't want anyone's dog hurting my boy or making him sick. Some sick f's have also been known to steal dogs from dog parks and sell them on the puppy-mill market.

But ... yeah, I see your point. I didn't realise people weren't allowed without dogs? I don't know if it's like that here or not, since I don't do dog parks.

In America it's like that. I don't know about the few rarely opened 3 ones in whole Romania but I think theyre the same.

Yeah attacks can be disturbing, some dogs are very powerful and some owners dont interfere or read body behavior, or prepare them before entering for them to send the right energy and be a bit tired because if theyre too excited, they attract the others to pile on them, facilitating the dog to attack them because it feels overwhelmed.

It's like a gathering of pokemon, or dragons, such an interesting display, seems like a game. Their games and communication is so interesting. They have social behaviour with each other and if they know how to respect boundaries, and listen to the owner, because the owner knows, they can get along.

I know what you mean, some people probe at you questions trying to find out about you, and it can be strange. But its also pretty cool to be talked to sometimes. Especially about dogs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 1:26 pm

The ban on adults only applies to parks which are specifically aimed at children.

They don't ban dogs, per se. But they must be leashed.

These "children's areas" within parks are actually fairly small, enclosed places that are evidently specialized for children. The wider park, of course, doesn't ban adults or dogs.

I believe, if "you are there," that you would understand this better. I'm probably not explaining this properly.

Yep....we have "dog parks" here in NYC. You have to be accompanied by a dog in order to gain admittance. The dog must be leashed until he/she enters the dog park.