Worried and scared again

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 7:08 pm

Putin is now threatening to nuke any country that is interfering with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. I'm really hoping Johnson sees this and backs away, and all the other countries do the same. Yes I know we want to help Ukraine fight but sometimes it's best not to get involved otherwise we'll all die. I don't want to live my life anticipating a nuclear missile being launched. I don't want world war 3. Can't the rest of the world just stay out of this? You should never mess with an evil dictator maniac who literally has nuclear weapons at the ready. Just stay out of it. :(

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 8:05 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Putin is now threatening to nuke any country that is interfering with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. I'm really hoping Johnson sees this and backs away, and all the other countries do the same. Yes I know we want to help Ukraine fight but sometimes it's best not to get involved otherwise we'll all die. I don't want to live my life anticipating a nuclear missile being launched. I don't want world war 3. Can't the rest of the world just stay out of this? You should never mess with an evil dictator maniac who literally has nuclear weapons at the ready. Just stay out of it. :(

But what is to say he'll stop after Ukraine? We might all die anyways, so may as well try and make it more difficult for him.

Also, he has given a lot of theats and not acted on them, so he might even be bluffing some.

Idk I know this whole situation is scary, I've lost sleep over it so it's valid to feel how you feel for sure.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2022, 11:52 pm

I'm so scared they're going to start dropping bombs in the UK. I live in a city so they'll probably bomb there, and my family live near an airport so that would probably be bombed too, so if I do survive my family might not. It's not always me dying I'm worrying about, it's losing the people I love. I'm just really scared. Why does Putin like adding stress and fear to people's lives? Haven't we had enough with covid and all that? Why can't somebody do us all a favour and hang the bastard? Why is he allowed to do all this? What happened to Kim Jong Un, I thought he was the world's maniac who was threatening to kill us all one time?

brane75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2022, 8:07 pm

Worry not, most of it's fear-mongering. Just like most war propaganda is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 10:10 pm

If we let Putin succeed in Ukraine, he’ll go on to invade places like Poland and Finland. Then he’ll progress further.

What would have happened had, say, the UK surrendered to Hitler? The Germans were also developing a nuclear bomb.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 10:39 pm

There doesn't seem to be any indication that Russia is going to direct military aggression against your country. Your anxiety is getting you worked up over something that seems very unlikely to happen.

What evidence is there that Russia plans to bomb the UK? What precedent is there of something like that happening in the 21st century?

Russia's invasion of Ukraine only occurred after years of geopolitical tension between the countries. There's no motivation for Russia to attack your country in a similar manner, and there's a lot to dissuade Russia from doing so. So long as Russian forces and UK forces aren't directly engaging with each other militarily, the chances of one country bombing the other are minute. Nobody wants another world war.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2022, 11:13 pm

That’s right….it’s exceedingly unlikely that Russia will bomb the UK…..Just about a zero chance.

Still, Putin has to be stopped.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 4:34 am

They said on the news that Putin will nuke any country that interferes with Ukraine.

Quote:
If we let Putin succeed in Ukraine, he’ll go on to invade places like Poland and Finland. Then he’ll progress further.

So if we do get involved he'll nuke us all and if we don't get involved he'll nuke us all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 6:22 am

That’s not what I meant at all.

Putin just likes to use playground tricks to try to scare us.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 7:22 am

… and they really are just playground tricks.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2022, 9:13 am

The war won't reach UK overnight, it won't even reach Poland overnight, NATO territory is a strong red line and crossing it would mean engaging US Army in our defence and likely retaliation - and, consequently, Moscow defeat because NATO is way stronger. If Kremlin gets insane enough to try it anyway, there's a lot of NATO teritory between you and Russia where the hypothetical bombers would be most likely shot down.

There's something that helps with stress of overwhelming situations: focus on things you can do. Focus on areas where you can make a difference for the better, even if small. Garden or fish tank can be great. It helps contain fear.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 9:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Hitler didn't do playground tricks with everyone though. He actually followed through on his threats.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 9:21 am

The Russian army is a bunch of Keystone Kops. They can't even conquer cities in Ukraine, even when they conduct terror campaigns and bombings of civilian targets.

They remind me of Dudley Do-Right----who rides his horse with his body going the wrong way.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAE

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 29 Apr 2022, 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 9:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Hitler didn't do playground tricks with everyone though. He actually followed through on his threats.

That's right----and we (the Allies) beat Hitler's butt to a pulp! And he actually had a well-oiled war machine.

Like I said, the Russians can't get out of their own way.....

brane75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2022, 10:06 am

Yea Russians are still using the old Chechen war tactic of bombing the hell out of a bigger city and then attempting to take it over

brane75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2022, 10:08 am

Finland hasn't been having obligatory conscription in vain all this time. If Russia touches them they will fall down rapidly.