What in the f**k is happening.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2022, 2:40 pm

One of the things being on the spectrum has taught me is to live my life and not waste time or energy worrying about what other people do. The hard-core anti-abortion people might want to try doing the same.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 3:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
klanka wrote:
What makes you think people are trying to roll back women's status to that of the 1950's?

The current stuff about the supreme court trying to turn over roe vs wade. The thing that made abortion legal here.

I thought Roe V. Wade only outlawed the different states from deciding about the issue individually? There is some legal controversy about that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 3:10 pm

Minuteman wrote:
One of the things being on the spectrum has taught me is to live my life and not waste time or energy worrying about what other people do. The hard-core anti-abortion people might want to try doing the same.

Religious fundamentalist busy-bodies mind their own business? That's like asking a shark to not swim.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 11:24 pm

Uhh I kind of feel bad because me and my boyfriend went out for a bit of a date day, cause we haven't done that in a while. and we decided we'd split the bill so he bought everything but our credit union set up our accounts so I can just transfer money to my boyfriend online....so he paid the bill but I will pay him back half of that. For sure makes it easier for us to go out if we split the bill for it cause then we can actually afford it..rather than have him spend 80 bucks for us to go out we can both put like up to 60 dollars towards a night out.

But anyways on our walk home we saw a guy carrying a protest sign that said forced birth was a crime against humanity. Me and my boyfriend agree with that protestor but we both feel kinda bad we didn't give him a more enthusiastic like 'hey we like your cause.' we were still nice but idk we could have been a bit more reactive and told him 'hey man, right on.!' But we got all f****d up on social interactions with covid so we just didn't really know what to do. But people driving by were cheering him on so that was good at least.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 11:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Uhh I kind of feel bad because me and my boyfriend went out for a bit of a date day, cause we haven't done that in a while. and we decided we'd split the bill so he bought everything but our credit union set up our accounts so I can just transfer money to my boyfriend online....so he paid the bill but I will pay him back half of that. For sure makes it easier for us to go out if we split the bill for it cause then we can actually afford it..rather than have him spend 80 bucks for us to go out we can both put like up to 60 dollars towards a night out.

But anyways on our walk home we saw a guy carrying a protest sign that said forced birth was a crime against humanity. Me and my boyfriend agree with that protestor but we both feel kinda bad we didn't give him a more enthusiastic like 'hey we like your cause.' we were still nice but idk we could have been a bit more reactive and told him 'hey man, right on.!' But we got all f****d up on social interactions with covid so we just didn't really know what to do. But people driving by were cheering him on so that was good at least.

I would have told him to "get a proper job". <joke> :mrgreen:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 11:35 pm

Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Idk he was all masked up and not giving a clear look to his identity, so could be very well he has a regular job and is protesting on the weekends. Like yeah he had a face mask on and such so it would probably be hard for anyone figure who specifically he was..idk maybe his job would be at risk that if he did that openely showing his face but he was all covered up for sure.