Jealous of people NOT wearing masks

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:01 pm

I seem to think that I am the only one with an anxiety problem over Covid despite many people catching it right now and making most people have flu or cold like symptoms or none at all whatsoever even there may still be someone who may require treatment at hospital because they may have other problems as well. I seem to also think that I look at people not wearing a mask especially if it is someone who is in their late teens or early 20s and it leaves me thinking to myself that they are not afraid and don't feel the need to wear one for that reason and wishing to myself ''Why am I not like them in that mindset ?'' because seeing everyone else mask-less makes me feel like I am ''not living life'' and they all are. I do hate the anxiety over Covid and fed up with it even I know maybe my anxiety about is not unfounded.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:15 pm

Masks are still required where I am.
Our mandates haven't changed since March 2020.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 7:52 am

I wear a mask myself when I'm in an indoor public places because I'd still rather not catch Covid-19. I know most likely I won't get very sick. However, even if you get away with just mild or no symptoms this time, you'll be left with higher chances of getting a stroke and heart attack in the future after recovering from Covid-19. So your feeling the need to wear a mask is still justified regardless of your age. The only problem you seem to have is thinking that wearing a mask means you have no life. You just do what you feel is right and don't need to compare yourself against other people. I still see people wearing a mask including young people though wearing a mask is only recommended where I live. I consider those with a mask very wise.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 11:07 am

Where I live masks have become optional in some place now, but I still wear mine and when I see others not wearing theirs I feel uncomfortable and a little angry and not jealous. I guess it won't be long before we have a new pandemic of avian flu, and people start panic buying chicken and eggs because there will be shortages of them. There will be loonies with shopping carts containing about 20 cartons of eggs. You can freeze chicken but you can't really freeze eggs, how are you going to use them all before they go bad? Maybe make 20 jars of pickled eggs? But I digress. We'll be lucky if the black death doesn't start making its rounds again. :skull:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:26 pm

Quote:
However, even if you get away with just mild or no symptoms this time, you'll be left with higher chances of getting a stroke and heart attack in the future after recovering from Covid-19

What??? 8O So covid is basically still as dangerous as it was 2 years ago, despite the vaccines.

I'd better not let my boyfriend out the house then, as he's vulnerable even after having all 3 vaccines (he's due for a forth vaccine soon).

Polynechramorph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2022, 1:59 pm

I will admit that I was a bit disappointed at the content of this thread compared to what I assumed it would be about.
I thought what an interesting title about aspie masking and being jealous of people who didn't mask all the time. :lol:

Too bad, I was all primed for a big fat mash-up on this topic.

Just goes to show that literal interpretations can sometimes be ambiguous. :D