I don't think that this is a safe space for aspies

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 7:29 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Then there's the largest issue: Those areas of the site have a very active, vocal (close-knit?) "left-wing" membership, who tend to be somewhat hostile to information which does not align with their beliefs\opinions, and so a major deterrent to centrists of "conservatives"\"right wing" members.
I agree: this site has become VERY left-wing. I encountered begrudging tolerance at best, and overt hostility at worst, for expressing conservative ideas. I really hope Elon Musk buys out WP like he bought out Twitter.

nick007 wrote:
Think of this as kinda like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from something like being bullied & abused. Sometimes people who were majorly bullied & abused are overly on guard & on edge & misread others & situations as being hostel when that's not the case. Both sides can be very judgemental & even hateful towards the other sometimes partly cuz they're used to the other side being that way towards them.
Democrats and liberals very much "bullied" me: they destroyed my social life and 6 of my old friendships! :evil: They said I was a "murderer" for wanting to see healthy friends my age outside in a park on a windy day (a very safe way to socialize). Not to mention, they ruined 2 years of kids' critical social development. AND they forced elderly persons to die alone in sterile hospital rooms with no loved ones by their side, just a snooty, virtue-signaling, liberal nurse, if that. All while letting looters and arsonists run free in packed crowds with no masks on.

So, I have EVERY RIGHT to despise those Democrats and the criminals who altered mail-in ballots to help them. And when QAnon gives me back something Democrats took away from me, damn "right [wing]" I will take their side! Funny how instead of just seeing 3 people on a windy day in a park, I ended up seeing with 30 people at a party in a packed house, far less safe activity, only I didn't care. Plus, I'm going to be a dying old man one day; god help the garbage who stop people from sitting by my hospital bed during the next scamdemic! :evil:

The_Walrus wrote:
I’m a centre-right moderator (there are even issues where I’m to the right of Mikah!) and I pay a fair amount of attention to the political forum. I don’t think any of our current mod team is particularly left-wing.
What mods said to me about Covid vis-a-vis Biden doesn't sound center-right at all. But I'll allow for cultural differences. What's "center-right" in the UK/EU is extreme left in the US. Why else would Americans dump perfectly good tea into the Boston Harbor and call it a "tea party"?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 7:55 pm

If people dislike it, I wonder why they don’t just find another forum rather than complain about this one. There are plenty out there. Although it may be difficult to find a “safe space” for specific opinions and tastes, there’s almost certainly something.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:20 pm

nick007 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
^There isn't any excuse for poor behaviour simply because you aren't a progressive.
I'm a centrist, but I have been treated like trash, also.
Your right that it is not an excuse. That can be a factor sometimes but that does not make it right.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not exactly coddled here because of my "moderate" views.

I'm sort of "taken to task" by "both sides."

I certainly wouldn't call myself a "progressive" in the "woke" sense.

As for the Kool Aid stuff, I was speaking about somebody who advocates a "Q" sort of philosophy. I don't think he's a bad guy----but I feel like he thinks in a "black and white" way, and has misguided views which are not based upon the evidence at hand.
In general lots of people think in black & white & have an if your not with me your against me mindset that negatively affect both major political establishments.

Black & White (or binary) thinking should be indefensible.
For some reason, it is often not the case.
"Curious."
I think in terms of "Shades of grey."

nick007 wrote:
There's tons of hot topic issues & if you disagree with one side on just one of those issues, you can get accused of being a member of the other side even if you disagree with that side on most other issues.

This is a very cheap and dirty tactic that is often used.
It should be prohibited.
Why it is not is "curious".

This tactic, like the "race card", is designed to muzzle the other person and is not only anti-intellectual but also lacks integrity.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:25 pm

Lunella wrote:

Pepe deserves all the replies tho :heart: Most down to earth little s**t on here xoxoxo

WOW! 8O 8O 8O

Well, *that* has made my day. ;)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2022, 8:32 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
If people dislike it, I wonder why they don’t just find another forum rather than complain about this one. There are plenty out there. Although it may be difficult to find a “safe space” for specific opinions and tastes, there’s almost certainly something.
Sometimes people rather complain about things instead of taking any action to correct their problems. The L&D section is a good example. Some of the chronically single guys are constantly trying the same things & whining about how they're not working to attract a girl instead of trying anything else. I've been guilty of that myself. People get stuck in a funk sometimes & trying new things can seem overwhelming. They feel it's better to stick with the bad they know instead of adjusting to a different bad that may be even worse.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:32 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Then there's the largest issue: Those areas of the site have a very active, vocal (close-knit?) "left-wing" membership, who tend to be somewhat hostile to information which does not align with their beliefs\opinions, and so a major deterrent to centrists of "conservatives"\"right wing" members.
I agree: this site has become VERY left-wing. I encountered begrudging tolerance at best, and overt hostility at worst, for expressing conservative ideas. I really hope Elon Musk buys out WP like he bought out Twitter.

WP has been heavily left-wing for the entire 9 years I have been here.
I was told by a mod that one particular mod "hated conservatives", btw.

Aspie1 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Think of this as kinda like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from something like being bullied & abused. Sometimes people who were majorly bullied & abused are overly on guard & on edge & misread others & situations as being hostel when that's not the case. Both sides can be very judgemental & even hateful towards the other sometimes partly cuz they're used to the other side being that way towards them.
Democrats and liberals very much "bullied" me: they destroyed my social life and 6 of my old friendships!

So this doesn't happen just to me.
"Interesting."

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:37 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
If people dislike it, I wonder why they don’t just find another forum rather than complain about this one.
THERE ARE NO "other forums". Most "other forums" are owned by Most "other forums" are owned by QAnon, 4chan, or 8kun, which are too far right for many aspies; either that, or they're Marxist scammers ripping off taxpayers. I had fit in with QAnon comfortably, due to having become jaded, but most WP'ers aren't like me. They'd prefer moderate, right-leaning forums, which, fortunately, don't exist. It's either using leftist forums that took George Soros's money or having nowhere to go entirely.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 01 Jun 2022, 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:40 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
If people dislike it, I wonder why they don’t just find another forum rather than complain about this one.
THERE ARE NO "other forums". Most "other forums" are owned by QAnon, 4chan, or 8kun

Right…

That sounds extraordinarily unlikely. Maybe you need to look harder.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jun 2022, 9:26 pm

OK, this has gone way off topic, lots of conspiracy theories and unpleasantness, and the thread had frankly petered out before it was bumped. Let’s call it there.