I don't think that this is a safe space for aspies

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 8:36 pm

Which is a shame
Cos I kinda think it oughta be

But maybe that is but me reading basic info incorrectly. Which would hardly be a first

Sure, I've only been back for a couple of days, and soon will disappear again
But I will tell you this: the same probs (in my head) that stopped me posting here are the same probs I have observed in the last couple of days

If my posting history goes back far enough, and you cba to read it, you'll note that most of my early posts were in the haven. And there is a reason for that

And part of that reason is the aggression that you allow to go unchallenged elsewhere

I mean - look at this garbage troll thread that you have allowed to stay up for way too many hours:
viewtopic.php?t=405785

And you know what I have also noticed the last couple of days? The aggression against women. Which I reckon to be non clever

I don't know what the prob here is, or if it is by accident or by design
But I can tell this for definite: you do not provide a safe space for aspies here. And for female aspies - a lot less so
It's unfortunate

I dunno what the primary prob is, maybe undermodding, maybe just crap mods
And yes, I get the fact that everyone hates mods...
I should stfu now

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 9:03 pm

This woman is being very unreasonable. She is bigoted. She has complete disregard for men's well being. As a male person what she is saying is frightening. Men are human beings and have feelings as well. Of course male people will feel upset and post against her. What you are saying is as if men shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves and as if women were unconditionally right all the time. Please remember men's well being is no less important than women's.

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 9:12 pm

Wow
LOL

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 May 2022, 7:07 am

doofy wrote:
I mean - look at this garbage troll thread that you have allowed to stay up for way too many hours:
viewtopic.php?t=405785
Moderators are not omnipresent and rely on reports from members to help us in this regard. That thread was removed as soon as possible and the poster banned - a troll, a sockpuppet, intent on causing trouble by posting spiteful crap to stir up responses.
Sorry it wasn't removed as quickly as you would have liked, I guess.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 7:42 am

There are times when I feel attacked here. And I feel like splitting from this place.

But then, WrongPlanet sometimes is sort of a microcosm for "real life."

I've had to fight tooth and nail sometimes for my dignity. One should not bow down to the bullies. One must fight the bullies fair and square. One way to win is to not let the bullies know that you feel "unsafe." Make sure they know that you are safe within your own person, and that you're not going to allow yourself to be bullied by obvious idiots.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 8:11 am

doofy wrote:
I don't think that this is a safe space for aspies
Do you mean "safe space" or "echo chamber"?

If the former, then you may be better off to post only in The Haven.

If the latter, then good luck finding a place where people only repeat each others' posts and say "I agree" a lot.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 7:45 am

This autism forum is more hostile than the other one I'm on. But by the same token the other forum is really dull.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 7:54 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
This autism forum is more hostile than the other one I'm on. But by the same token the other forum is really dull.

Yep, drama can sometimes lighten things up a little. :lol:

Really dramatic threads often get deleted before I see them, even though I probably spend more time on here than most of the other members here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 8:00 am

I'm not a hostile person----I just don't believe in some things other posters believe in. And that's the way of the world.

There's no such thing as believing in everything another person believes in.

My mother and I were having this discussion. We were both lamenting that people who have different political opinions cannot find common ground on some things. We were lamenting the "all or nothing" situation we have in the 2020s.

There was a conservative poster here who had a nice signature: it went something like: "I might not like what you say.....but I don't hate YOU."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 May 2022, 6:52 pm

More than a few of us sometimes get very frustrated by various things in life. We sometimes come here to vent our frustrations by posting about em & seeking advice, support, & sympathy from others who might relate. Us Aspies are stereotyped to be literal thinkers & black & white thinkers. Sometimes(& more so when we're frustrated) we word things the wrong way & some other members who are upset by other things or maybe upset about being on the opposite end of the same type of situation, take things as personal attacks when the OP was NEVER talking about them & NEVER meant their posts as a personal attack. I post in the L&D section a lot which sometimes gets hostel & the main problem there is when other members talk about generalizations. It is very difficult to talk about L&D topics without ever mentioning anything at all that pertains to the typical gender roles with dating & relationships. If the OP is talking about their personal experiences with the opposite sex, some members of the opposite sex get very upset because they are not like that & they assume that the OP was saying that all members of their sex are & then the readers make an angry post putting words in the mouth of the OP & sh!t hits the fan.

In the past, I've had some members on this forum accuse me of being a misogynist & I have even been accused of supporting rape on at least a few occasions :silent: For the record I am an outspoken male feminist & I fairly often mention how I'm on the asexuality spectrum so those accusations are waaay off. I am kinda misanthropic thou but I tend to have a lower opinion of men than I do of women(thou there are PLENTY of EXCEPTIONS) partly due to my personal experiences, I was bullied by boys a lot more than girls when I was a kid. The reason why I have gotten those accusations is because I was MAJORLY lonely & HATED being single & I've made LOTS of frustrated posts talking & complaining about it. Some other members took things the wrong way & thought I was hating on all women when I was NOT. If I really hated all women that much, Why the hell would I want a relationship with one unless I was only wanting sex which I was NOT :scratch: Those accusers really did not think about or analyze their accusations hard at all :hmph:

I eventually learned not to make post when I am frustrated, I made a general rule to wait over a day before posting about anything I am very currently frustrated with. I also try to remember to post disclaimers when I make posts that mention generalizations. I feel the need to specially state that I am NOT talking about all women or all men & NOT all women or all men are like blank. When I talk about my personal experiences, I try to remember to say that I am talking about my personal experiences. I have NOT seen anyone post those hateful accusations about me in a long time here & I think those general rules I've made are partly why. I have had problems with one mod misunderstanding me some but they have not been an active mod here in a long time & I've adopted those rules sometime after. I think the current mods are pretty kewl. I've been a mod on other forums in the past & I'm sure that the mods here can be overworked sometimes. This forum has lots of glitches & bugs(which is actually why I came to this section today to see if there's been any very recent posts about WP timing out or being down periodically) in a large part due to out site-creator Alex being extremely uninvolved but also unwilling to allow anyone else to take over :(

I want to also point out that lots of times when I see angry posts complaining about other members on this site, it is related to the PPR section. I think there is a saying that goes something like "Politics & religion are the two things that should never be discussed with others". Lots of people feel very passionately about their beliefs & opinions & arguing with them about it will NOT change their minds. I know from personal experience that trying to argue with someone about why they are wrong & accusing them of things that may not be true, will cause the person to feel personally attacked & cause them to cling even harder to their beliefs & opinions. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree & drop the discussion & move on. This is why I generally stay out of PPR.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 7:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
WrongPlanet sometimes is sort of a microcosm for "real life."

Except without the pizza, crab Rangoon, Dr Pepper, chicken nuggets, and empty calories.
(Is that a bug or a feature?)

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:44 am

nick007 wrote:
This is why I generally stay out of PPR.

This Monty Python sketch sums up PPR very nicely:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:59 am

Radish wrote:
nick007 wrote:

"No, it doesn't." :mrgreen:

But seriously, you get both "Arguments" *and* "Abuse" in PPR. 8)

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 5:34 am

^ Yes it does! :P

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 6:10 am

Radish wrote:
^ Yes it does! :P

No, it doesn’t.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 May 2022, 8:24 am

Pepe wrote:
Radish wrote:
nick007 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k[/youtube]

"No, it doesn't." :mrgreen:

But seriously, you get both "Arguments" *and* "Abuse" in PPR. 8)
Except even us Aspies would not be that direct about going there to argue or paying to or getting paid to :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition