Page 8 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

17 May 2022, 9:31 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Yep, this is WP.

There are very few replies in this thread that are about the actual topic - the Quiverfull movement.

I look at the broader picture which involves the human psyche.
I have a habit of looking at situations to a deeper level.
"Psychology" is one of my main hobbies.
It is only natural for me to view things from this perspective.

We can go down the path of: "Quiverfull is evil and should be condemned" (which I agree with, btw).
Or we can dig deeper into the phenomenon.

If my posts are not appreciated, please skip them.

The thing is, though, that there are plenty of deep, philosophical issues that can be discussed about this religious movement alone that can’t be broached when one is discussing the goal some indigenous people have of keeping their genetics pure. While interesting, that’s rather different from the issues involved here. The motives are different.

Talking about relevant topics related to cults, especially fundamental Christian cults that are more closely related to the Quiverfull movement, is interesting from a psychological perspective, and it still relates to the general topic.

We will have to agree to disagree.

What I suspect might be happening is this thread being another "bash republicans" thread, as there have been in the past. I was hoping for a bit of balance.
I can't see that being a bad thing.

I would never vote for the republicans, btw.
I am simply interested in a Truthful and balanced assessment/discussion, free of hyperpartisanship.

I suspect that the issue might be that there is a lack of a sufficient knowledge base here. This is not about bashing Republicans. People who subscribe to this ideology campaign for those who are on the extreme right. Once those candidates are eliminated, they’ll settle for a normal Republican.

You can’t have a “balanced assessment” if you aren’t knowledgeable about the subject matter. This is not an insult. I’m not sufficiently knowledgeable about uniquely Australian cults to give an appropriate assessment of them, not without a fair amount of research on the topic.

Given the nature of cults, I doubt that a “balanced assessment” is generally warranted since they are intrinsically extreme ideologies.

Pepe said you haven't been around for a while. Seems like since January. How are you doing? Nice to have you back.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:01 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Are there any non-white groups who also advocate the preservation of their ethnic genetic coding?

There are the Rastafarians, a group of people who around the slavery times in America have developed black supremacy beliefs, trying to escape to Africa which was considered their home land and they would be accepted and valued as kings there, if I recall correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari

I heard the name but didn't know what they were about.

Rexi wrote:
This movement, Quiverfull, sounds like one of the high entrapment cults, with very disturbing rules on top. This has to stop, they are just creating people who are going to be liabilities for life, if they do manage to escape this mess.

It is amazing how cults like this are allowed to survive for so long.
We have had similar ferals over here in Australia.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:38 am

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Are there any non-white groups who also advocate the preservation of their ethnic genetic coding?

There are the Rastafarians, a group of people who around the slavery times in America have developed black supremacy beliefs, trying to escape to Africa which was considered their home land and they would be accepted and valued as kings there, if I recall correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari

I heard the name but didn't know what they were about.

Rexi wrote:
This movement, Quiverfull, sounds like one of the high entrapment cults, with very disturbing rules on top. This has to stop, they are just creating people who are going to be liabilities for life, if they do manage to escape this mess.

It is amazing how cults like this are allowed to survive for so long.
We have had similar ferals over here in Australia.

Allowed?here in America we are free to believe what ever religion we want.The Quiverfull people have lots of guns so a government crackdown on them would not go well.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 3:47 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Allowed?here in America we are free to believe what ever religion we want.The Quiverfull people have lots of guns so a government crackdown on them would not go well.
Would you say the same about some homicidal satanic cult owning plenty of guns?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:54 am

magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Yes I would say the same.Every American has the right to be a Satanist or Christian or Mormon or whatever they want.Many Quiverfull people dont respect freedom of religion but I am one who does.I dont want theocracy at all.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 4:11 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Yes I would say the same.Every American has the right to be a Satanist or Christian or Mormon or whatever they want.Many Quiverfull people dont respect freedom of religion but I am one who does.I dont want theocracy at all.
Even if a part of their religion would be killing other people?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:19 am

magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Well I think religions like that should only be protected if they are not for murder.But my religion of church of Christ allows people to kill other people in a few select situations like self-defense.I think Quiverfull people who want to apply the Mosaic law today should have their kids taken away from them by CPS.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 18 May 2022, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 4:24 am

And what if they're not for murder but for torture?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:38 am

magz wrote:

Or ritual child abuse, like child marriage and denying children necessary medical care? We’ve had some cults that have done that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:41 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Hang on.
Are you saying you are part of the Quiverfull cult?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:43 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe said you haven't been around for a while. Seems like since January. How are you doing? Nice to have you back.

I’m good, but I won’t be around for very long. It’s just a temporary stay.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:43 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Well I think religions like that should only be protected if they are not for murder.But my religion of church of Christ allows people to kill other people in a few select situations like self-defense.I think Quiverfull people who want to apply the Mosaic law today should have their kids taken away from them by CPS.

Question answered. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:44 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Why did you visit? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:46 am

magz wrote:

Mind rape should be a crime also, but it isn't.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:47 am

Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Rexi wrote:

I was in the mood.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:17 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Rexi wrote:

I was in the mood.

You may return from whence you came.
Or not. ;)