Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2022, 1:52 pm

If people buy dozens of IPods at once, why are so few donated to people with physical or mental handicaps and illnesses, institutions, or hospitals?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 1:56 pm

Because humans are selfish and egotistic by nature and that goes up about 500% if they are also wealthy.

ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2022, 11:38 pm

misha00 wrote:
If people buy dozens of IPods at once, why are so few donated to people with physical or mental handicaps and illnesses, institutions, or hospitals?

Do people buy dozens at once?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 12:49 am

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
misha00 wrote:

some people think they can corner the local market for such things by buying them all up and then scalping them.

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 12:55 am

auntblabby wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
misha00 wrote:

some people think they can corner the local market for such things by buying them all up and then scalping them.

So clearly not people who care about others :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 1:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
misha00 wrote:

Why for that reason?

You scalp tickets to a lady Gaga concert, or to the Superbowl, because the demand continues after the supply is gone, so you can jack up the price to folks who missed out on the limited time to buy the limited supply thing through official channels by buying up more of the thing than you need personally to sell them "on the street" so to speak at a a jacked up price because the buyer cant them through normal channels anymore.

But you dont "scalp" bananas, or Wonder Bread, by buying extras from the grocery store because those things are always there in the grocery store.

Ipods would be like bananas, and not like superbowl tickets. Wouldnt they? Or what I am missing about Ipods?

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 2:31 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
misha00 wrote:

Why for that reason?

You scalp tickets to a lady Gaga concert, or to the Superbowl, because the demand continues after the supply is gone, so you can jack up the price to folks who missed out on the limited time to buy the limited supply thing through official channels by buying up more of the thing than you need personally to sell them "on the street" so to speak at a a jacked up price because the buyer cant them through normal channels anymore.

But you dont "scalp" bananas, or Wonder Bread, by buying extras from the grocery store because those things are always there in the grocery store.

Ipods would be like bananas, and not like superbowl tickets. Wouldnt they? Or what I am missing about Ipods?

A lot of Apple products have been high demand and sold out in the past

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 3:29 am

Okay. Now it makes sense. The Apple store sells them all. No more come in. So the asshat who hoards a dozen of them can turn around sell them off to you out of his car for an arm and leg. Or thinks that he can do that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 3:35 am

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
misha00 wrote:

Why for that reason?

A lot of Apple products have been high demand and sold out in the past

Like toilet paper during covid?
Got it. :thumright:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 3:41 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Okay. Now it makes sense. The Apple store sells them all. No more come in. So the asshat who hoards a dozen of them can turn around sell them off to you out of his car for an arm and leg. Or thinks that he can do that.

that son-of-a-butcher won't sell any to me, i've been boycotting the rotten apple core since 1990.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:58 am

I've never owned an ipod or similar. But if I had, I would have used it until it broke or I lost it.