Page 12 of 21 [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:24 am

Pepe wrote:
But moit, he is right.
It ain't fair, but "Might makes right" has never been a question of fairness.
It is part of the profanity of life.
The CCP is employing this fundamental Truth, also. 8O
It is human nature and has worked throughout the ages and across all demographics. :|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative#International_relations
Quote:
The G7 industrial country Italy has been a partner in the development of the project since March 2019. According to estimates, the entire project today affects more than 60% of the world's population and approximately 35% of the global economy. Trade along the Silk Road could soon account for almost 40% of total world trade, with a large part being by sea. The land route of the Silk Road also appears to remain a niche project in terms of transport volume in the future.[22]

In the maritime silk road, which is already the route for more than half of all containers in the world, deepwater ports are being expanded, logistical hubs are being built and new traffic routes are being created in the hinterland. The maritime silk road runs with its connections from the Chinese coast to the south via Hanoi to Jakarta, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur through the Strait of Malacca via the Sri Lankan Colombo towards the southern tip of India via Malé, the capital of the Maldives, to the East African Mombasa, from there to Djibouti, then through the Red Sea via the Suez Canal to the Mediterranean, there via Haifa, Istanbul and Athens to the Upper Adriatic region to the northern Italian hub of Trieste with its international free port and its rail connections to Central Europe and the North Sea.[23][24][25][26]

As a result, Poland, the Baltic States, Northern Europe, and Central Europe are also connected to the maritime silk road and logistically linked to East Africa, India and China via the Adriatic ports and Piraeus. All in all, the ship connections for container transports between Asia and Europe will be reorganized. In contrast to the longer East Asian traffic via north-west Europe, the southern sea route through the Suez Canal towards the junction Trieste shortens the goods transport by at least four days.[27][28][29]

In connection with the Silk Road project, China is also trying to network worldwide research activities.[30]

Share your perception of reality with these countries.
But it might be an easier goal to convince other citizens of your country first.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:28 am

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
. . . you should know that some people having more friends than others can be very unfair. Particularly when NTs have more friends than aspies. In fact if you look at my posts, you will see that their main theme is complaining how its unfair that I don't have friends due to my Asperger. That is actually part of the reason why I sympathize with Russia so much because I can sort of relate my isolation due to Asperger's and Russia's isolation due to losing Cold War.
"Appeal to Pity" now?  Don't even try.

Russia would not be so isolated if it had not already stolen Crimea and is now trying to steal parts of Ukraine.  Nobody like a bully except other bullies.[/color]

Skrew "Appeal to pity".
Russia is the murderous force in this war, and that war was initiated for the express purpose of pootin gaining popularity, as it did in Crimea.

How many Autistics would engage in such bullying behaviour for narcissistic satiation?
He presented a very poor analogy. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:31 am

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
While China and Russia have global nuclear capability, North Korea has only said they are capable of attacking America.
I thought they actually DO have nuclear weapons, do they not?
Do they?  If so, what is their yield?  What is their delivery system?  How often have they successfully attacked another country with their nuclear weapons?[/color]

*I* don't partake in "Cat playing with a mouse" games. 8)
Well, very rarely. 8)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:41 am

magz wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
magz wrote:
ound Kyiv right now, securing evidence of the horrors there.
The problem with China is, they don't let international observers in. Neither does Russia. On the other hand, Ukraine invites them.
That's another reason why reconquering their territories is so important.

The definition of "international observers" needs to be clarified.
Before the pandemic, Xinjiang had more than 100 million visitors a year, and there was no shortage of international people among them.
UN, OSCE, ICC, HRW - professional investigators from various organizations.
And, independently from it, media. Basically from any place that wishes to send journalists there.

I partially understand why the Chinese government would not want to be investigated in this way.
Because by "human rights" standards, I doubt my university and my dorm would fit the definition of a concentration camp in many ways. :|

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 3:43 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I partially understand why the Chinese government would not want to be investigated in this way.
Because by "human rights" standards, I doubt my university and my dorm would fit the definition of a concentration camp in many ways. :|
I hope you don't have mass graves around it :skull:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:54 am

magz wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
I hope you don't have mass graves around it :skull:

There really is.:lol:

Beijing is not a quiet and sweet place in history.
So many wars, regimes and indentured slaves appear and disappear here.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 4:13 am

Wonder if there is any quiet and sweet place in a history... it's certainly not here.
Best I can hope for is some healthy place in current times.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:01 am

I believe one of the worst periods of Chinese history might be the "Cultural Revolution." Especially in the universities and work sites.

People who did not adhere strictly to whatever party line the "cadre" believed in----were subject to interrogation, ostracization, and worse.

If we're not careful, we might repeat the evils of the Cultural Revolution. We have to stem the tide of extremism NOW!

By the way, I am someone who admires Chinese culture in many ways. I've always admired Confucianism.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe one of the worst periods of Chinese history might be the "Cultural Revolution." Especially in the universities and work sites.
I've always admired Confucianism.

The Cultural Revolution was indeed the worst period in the PRC, but it was insignificant in the history of China.

Confucianism may be a good religion, not bad compared to other religions.
But it was used to endorse increasingly totalitarian rule. This is not limited to the "regime" level.
Also, the variant of Confucianism that began in the Song Dynasty left some rather distorted cancers in later Chinese culture. Especially for women.

In some senses, it destroyed the potential of ancient Chinese technological and philosophical progress, reducing all science to human relations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:37 am

I do see your point, of course. Of course, the Cultural Revolution covered only about three years out of thousands of years of Chinese history.

I meant, more, in how Confucius himself seemed to practice it.

Anything can become corrupted over time.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:12 am

magz wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
QFT wrote:
As someone on WP, you should know that some people having more friends than others can be very unfair. Particularly when NTs have more friends than aspies. In fact if you look at my posts, you will see that their main theme is complaining how its unfair that I don't have friends due to my Asperger. That is actually part of the reason why I sympathize with Russia so much because I can sort of relate my isolation due to Asperger's and Russia's isolation due to losing Cold War.

Your sympathy is not shared with the victims around Russia.
Russia was "isolated" and its victims were slaughtered.

Yeah... Why all those raped, looted and slaughtered by Russian armies and all those persecuted and lied to by Russian governments don't like them now?

Actually this only extends my autism analogy further. Part of the reason women don't talk to me is because some men rape women. But guess what: I am not one of them, and never will be. Yet due to my Asperger they assume that I am. Now, women talk to some men, just not to me. So having Asperger makes people assume I am more likely to be a rapist even thought that is not the case.

Now, I realize that the difference is that Russian soldiers do in fact rape, while I don't. But here is the thing. Some people who are disheveled are criminal minded too, just not me. Yet, due to being disheaveled myself, I share the blame of others who are being disheaveled. Similarly, not all Russian soldiers rape, just some. Yet the rest share their blame.

And the other thing is that in American military bases they rape too. I don't know all the details. I only overheard a lecture about American military bases and when I asked after lecture what that was about someone told me they rape people, but that guy himself didn't know that much detail. But in any case, if in American military bases they do rape, then here is an interesting analogy:

--- Some men rape, and they are not all disabled. Yet disabled men pay most of the price for it

--- Some military bases rape, and they are on both sides of cold war. Yet the ones on the losing side of the cold war pay the price for it.

And here is one more thing. When they criticize Russian invasion of Ukraine they sometimes make fun of Russian soldiers not being very effective, or they make claims that Putin has terminal illness. Now why would either of those things make Russia more dangerous? If anything it would make it less so. So it is "blame the disabled mindset" as in, a disabled aggressor gets looked down even more negatively than non-disabled one.

And this has an analogy too. I read on the internet that less attractive men are more likely to get accused of sexual harassment than attractive ones. Now, I personally never been accused of that. But maybe its because I subconsciously know not to approach women since I know I would get accused "if I did"?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:28 am

QFT wrote:
And the other thing is that in American military bases they rape too. I don't know all the details. I only overheard a lecture about American military bases and when I asked after lecture what that was about someone told me they rape people, but that guy himself didn't know that much detail. But in any case, if in American military bases they do rape, then here is an interesting analogy:

--- Some men rape, and they are not all disabled. Yet disabled men pay most of the price for it

--- Some military bases rape, and they are on both sides of cold war. Yet the ones on the losing side of the cold war pay the price for it.

If you know a little bit about what Japan did to China during World War II.
So here is a little knowledge point:
For those elderly people on the northeastern border of China, whether the Russian army or the Japanese army is more terrifying is a matter of debate.

I don't think the US military has ever had that kind of reputation.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 May 2022, 10:31 am

QFT wrote:
Actually this only extends my autism analogy further. Part of the reason women don't talk to me is because some men rape women. But guess what: I am not one of them, and never will be.
Which further makes this "analogy" irrelevant.
We're not talking about individuals, I'm okay with individual Russians, especially those who want to live like normal, civilized people. We're talking about government policy and army practices. And it's the same government policies and the same army practices, now and in the past, that make people want to build a solid wall guarded by well-equipped troops between themselves and Kremlin's domain.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 2:54 pm

magz wrote:
QFT wrote:
Actually this only extends my autism analogy further. Part of the reason women don't talk to me is because some men rape women. But guess what: I am not one of them, and never will be.
We're not talking about individuals, I'm okay with individual Russians, especially those who want to live like normal, civilized people. We're talking about government policy and army practices. And it's the same government policies and the same army practices, now and in the past, that make people want to build a solid wall guarded by well-equipped troops between themselves and Kremlin's domain.

Agree its important to distinguish between people and their gov.

We all get on fine now with Germans despite our history

Its wrong to blame a whole ethnic race for bad leaders

- George Bernie Shaw

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:15 pm

magz wrote:
QFT wrote:

I never said they are prejudiced against Russian individuals. I was just making an analogy between "pariah state" (Russia) and "pariah individual" (aspie).

Actually you were the one who inspired that analogy when you asked me "what is the most typical reason someone has no friends" -- look at the post at the top of page 9. In that question you weren't asking me why Russian individual has no friends. Instead, you were asking me why Russia -- symbolized by one person (whom you picture as a bully) -- has no friends.

In any case, notice how you asked me "what is the most typical reason" for lack of friends. So you were thinking that friendless individuals (not Russians but friendless people in general) also deserve it. At least from the way you phrased that question. And this made me naturally wonder: don't you know of all those situations when aspies have no friends and its because they are introverts/ shy/ not "cool" enough?

Last edited by QFT on 18 May 2022, 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:17 pm

QFT wrote:
magz wrote:
QFT wrote:

I never said they are prejudiced against Russian individuals. I was just making an analogy between "pariah state" (Russia) and "pariah individual" (aspie).

Actually you were the one who inspired that analogy when you asked me "what is the most typical reason someone has no friends". In that question you weren't asking me why Russian individual has no friends. Instead, you were asking me why Russia -- symbolized by one person (whom you picture as a bully) -- has no friends.

In any case, when you asked that question I can't help but wonder: why would you say that a typical reason someone has no friends is when they are a bad person? Don't you know of all those situations when aspies have no friends and its because they are introverts/ shy/ not "cool" enough?

Speak for yourself, dude. Everybody loves me! :lol: