10 killed in Buffalo in act of white supremacist terrorism

Page 5 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

cosmicloveguru
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2022, 9:42 am

It's crazy to see how these people are destabilized and enraged-to the point of extreme violence- by the possibility of dealing with the same reality their competition has been living in for centuries

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:27 am

In my opinion this guy was the same kind of lunatic as other shooters. They all have some motive for doing it, but it's lunacy that's driving them. One thing I've taken note of is that a lot of them are young. Either in their teens or early 20's. The one exception that comes to mind is the Las Vegas mass shooting where the perpetrator was in his 60's.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:59 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
In my opinion this guy was the same kind of lunatic as other shooters. They all have some motive for doing it, but it's lunacy that's driving them. One thing I've taken note of is that a lot of them are young. Either in their teens or early 20's. The one exception that comes to mind is the Las Vegas mass shooting where the perpetrator was in his 60's.

There are many things about teens/early 20s which is why they are over represented here. One is that their brains have not fully developed yet. That makes them vulnerable to mental health issues and outside influences trying to guide them. The other is that we put a ton of pressure on our youth in our society. That again causes issues with development (after all, when is a teen/college student supposed to get any sleep).

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 11:15 am

demeus wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

There are many things about teens/early 20s which is why they are over represented here. One is that their brains have not fully developed yet. That makes them vulnerable to mental health issues and outside influences trying to guide them. The other is that we put a ton of pressure on our youth in our society. That again causes issues with development (after all, when is a teen/college student supposed to get any sleep).

I thought about the brain development issue as well.
From what I've heard about this one, he's another who displayed clear signs of mental illness in school.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:07 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Maybe not replace but surpass. Which I've heard from people of color. Can't say as I blame them.

Surpass? never heard this before

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:12 pm

demeus wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I accept that is a factor, Trigger happy Kyle Rittenhouse, Dylan Roof and and now this Buffalo Teen are all acting on their impulsive urges to shoot people they despise partly because their frontal cortex is undeveloped.

But there's plenty of others who are/were indoctrinated by online/books (Anders Brevik, Brendon Tarrant and Timothy McVeigh). When right wing politicians and media personalities constantly dog whistle there those who sit eagerly waiting for the call to attack the innocent.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:16 pm

demeus wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like many of those 75 million should learn to think for themselves.

Many are stuck with their party, no matter who their “leader” is.

Party, rather than person, is problematic.

But that is both sides of the political spectrum, not just for the right but for the left too.

Let me know when the two are comparable in terms of actions or values. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:21 pm

cosmicloveguru wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Told you they'd get around to this: .....

False flags , "fake news", "media globalist zionists", conspiracy theories everywhere- nothing is real anymore. The republican party lives in delusions and not in Reality. Nothing will get through to these people as they simply want destruction and oblivion.

When the right engages in terrorism it's actually the left's fault because the left are inherently the bad guy.

Why do they make good spirited right-wing Americans engage in these behaviours? Can't they just stop existing so poor right-wingers can stop being forced to murder them with cars and assault rifles in the streets, their churches and places of business?

/s if anyone was unsure

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 7:10 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Maybe. But the greatest psychological defect the kid in Buffalo has is his inconceivable degree of hatred, and his complete lack of empathy.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 7:26 pm

Lone lunatics don't represent the right or the left or a religion. They only represent themselves. Using a mentally ill or simply evil person to represent an entire group is a dangerous tactic. It's no different than using the 9/11 hijackers to represent Muslims.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 7:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Maybe. But the greatest psychological defect the kid in Buffalo has is his inconceivable degree of hatred, and his complete lack of empathy.

Needless to say that applies to all mass murderers. Obviously Adam Lanza displayed an inconceivable degree of hatred, and a complete lack of empathy, when he gunned down small children at Sandy Hook Elementary. But he didn't represent people on the spectrum, even though some used that angle.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 8:56 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Needless to say that applies to all mass murderers. Obviously Adam Lanza displayed an inconceivable degree of hatred, and a complete lack of empathy, when he gunned down small children at Sandy Hook Elementary. But he didn't represent people on the spectrum, even though some used that angle.

Adam Lanza acted on his personal reasons that may have had little to do with his autism. The Buffalo shooter was quite clear he killed innocent people for the "white race".

Any wonder black people feel unsafe when they enter "white spaces"

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 9:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Adam Lanza acted on his personal reasons that may have had little to do with his autism. The Buffalo shooter was quite clear he killed innocent people for the "white race".

Any wonder black people feel unsafe when they enter "white spaces"

And white people feel unsafe when they enter "black spaces".

What's the solution to that?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 9:30 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

What's a black space?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:08 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I don't think anyone's blaming all white people for what happened in Buffalo. But without a doubt, anyone who advocates for such an ugly and evil idea like "replacement theory" for now on deserves scrutiny.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

What's a black space?

I don't know what city you live in but growing up in Buffalo, I understand that very well. Buffalo NY is one of the most segregated cities in the United States and African Americans mostly live in the east side of the city and that would be consider a black space. The white spaces in the city would be the north side and the south side (although that is changing as more a more whites moves to the suburbs and exburbs). Redlining and scare sales were big in Buffalo in the 1950s and 60s and the effects are being felt still today.

Here that TOPS store is located, it serves zip codes with very high rates of poverty and crime. That is why I think when the shooter was casing the store, he tried to act like a panhandler because a middle class suburban white boy would look very out of place in that neighborhood. The closing of that store has hurt the community in many ways because the nearest grocery stores are miles away (which is why NYS is subsidizing the bus fares for some routes and TOPS is offering shuttle services to other stores).

I went to high school in that neighborhood but only because in the 80s and 90s, the Buffalo School District was under a federal desegregation order and the high school I went to was a magnet school designed to draw from all over the city to encourage white kids to go to schools in African American neighborhoods.