Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 8:12 am

Skellybones wrote:
I am very much like you! I have what I call "rapid fire" special interests where I will have a very intense interest for a few weeks, maybe months, and then I will totally lose interest again. This is most frustrating when it's a new hobby that needs equipment which I buy and then end up with a bunch of stuff! :D A while ago a friend suggested we needed a neurodivergent hobby-swap club!

I also have a few long-term special interests that have stayed over the course of my lifetime, but these are quite rare and few.

I, too, have people still share stuff to me from a special interest I had about 12 years ago, and made a post on facebook about how excited I was about this thing. I'm kind of honoured that people remember, but it also confuses me still!! :mrgreen:

Do you mean me or another person's comment above yours?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 8:14 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
My obsessions come on strong, last several months to a year or so, and then completely go away.

As I've gotten older these obsession cycles have become fewer and far between.

I'm exactly like that. My obsession cycles are speeding up as I get older, I process the subject much more quickly and leave it in the rear view mirror. To the confusion of everyone else. :lol:

Although I think I'm generally speeding up with everything as I get older :?

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 8:31 pm

Thinking about actual times - I know my parents were fed up with my obsessive singing when I was only 3 years old. And I often go on an hours-long internet binge about some random topic, then spend the next day wondering why I lost sleep over THAT. So, I have a range from "two hours" to "39 years and counting."

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 7:40 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Thinking about actual times - I know my parents were fed up with my obsessive singing when I was only 3 years old. And I often go on an hours-long internet binge about some random topic, then spend the next day wondering why I lost sleep over THAT. So, I have a range from "two hours" to "39 years and counting."

That sounds very familiar. The longest interest I've had is about 10 years, although I've enjoyed writing all my life, so that's about 50 years :lol: