Teen arrested for recruiting for mass shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 1:22 am

16-year-old arrested after police received tip he was recruiting students for a mass shooting at a California high school, officials say

Quote:
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this week after police learned he was allegedly recruiting students to carry out a mass shooting at a high school in Berkeley, California, authorities said Wednesday.

Police received a tip on May 21 of the teen’s alleged plot targeting Berkeley High School, which also included a possible bombing, and obtained a search warrant for his home, Berkeley Police said in a statement.

The search turned up parts to explosives and assault rifles as well as several knives and electronic items that could be used to create weapons, police said.

Authorities also prepared a mental health response through the city’s Mobile Crisis Team to evaluate the teen.

He turned himself in Monday, police said, and was arrested on suspicion of possessing destructive device materials and threatening to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily.

The Alameda County District Attorney’s Office declined to comment because the person arrested is a juvenile.

Summer break can not come soon enough.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman