does anyone itch when agitated or nervous

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2007, 11:01 am

I have this weird thing where if i am really excited or my senses are heightented my underarms start to itch incessively....kind of like mosquito bites but once i have calmed down they go away....Does anyone have any ideas of what that may be??

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 11:25 am

I sweat massively. Don't itch. Do you itch at other times you sweat?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Aug 2007, 11:35 am

I might. I have noticed and certain drugs have reports of skin sensations as side effects. Like wellbutrin for example. It seemed to irritate my skin.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2007, 11:45 am

I notice this too if I'm stressed. I will start itching a bit. Usually my hair, arms and even body will get itchy. I don't sweat too often when I'm stressed.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 12:39 pm

I get this too, and have done for most of my life. I tend to itch on my neck and under my chin and sometimes in my scalp. I also sometimes itch on my writs and ankles and calves.

I used to get eczema in those areas, so I don't know if this is related? Perhpas the extreme anxiety or stress triggers some kind of physical manifestation to occur, and this happens in areas where I used to get eczema because they are particularly vulnerable or sensitive to irritation? I don't know.

It is interesting that you mention this though, as it was yet another thing that I assumed was just me being weird - it's good to know that I am not the only one who itches when stressed or anxious.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 12:56 pm

God, yes. When I am edgy or nervous or uncomfortable, I start itching really badly, especially on my back.
I noticed this when I was at a 'friend's home.
I just started itching like mad every time I was sat next to them to watch a film.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2007, 12:58 pm

I seem to itch permanantley.

Either my mind is in a constant state of terror (which to some I would probably appear to be) or I have fleas.

Personally i'm hoping it's fleas, at least they're easier to treat... :(

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Aug 2007, 4:59 pm

Yes, me too. I'm relieved to see others get itchy scalp, not just me. Here's something I find enormously useful: mud/sulfur soap. It stops the itchies. I get it on eBay from NZ.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2007, 6:09 pm

i sweat a lot as well

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

The same thing happens to me when I am stressed and sweating (due to humid weather or exercise).

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2024, 9:27 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
God, yes. When I am edgy or nervous or uncomfortable, I start itching really badly, especially on my back.
I noticed this when I was at a 'friend's home.
I just started itching like mad every time I was sat next to them to watch a film.

That used to happen to me when I had my old therapist. I used to be so anxious about her canceling (she did this quite often) that I would wake up really early the morning of the appointment (sometimes 3 or 4am) shaking a little bit. Then, I would always get this sudden, intense itch on my back, always in a spot I couldn't reach. It would cause me to roll around on my bed, trying to scratch my back on the sheets. Sometimes I would grab a dry erase marker or something to try and reach the itchy spot, but often it wouldn't be able to reach it well enough and the itchy spot would just move around and intensify. An itchy back and an anxious body make it very difficult to get any sleep. Since I got away from that therapist, I haven't had that problem. Sometimes it itches like normal, but it never wakes me up and intensifies like it did. So yes, I do believe itching is worse with increased stress and anxiety.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2024, 9:39 pm

I itch all over my body while trying to sleep.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm

I itch when I sim race, but only during races, never when I'm just practising.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 10:15 pm

I itch a lot when I'm agitated. I also get hives as well.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 2:14 am

Agitated, yes. Usually, it's my head.
Nervous, no.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2024, 10:05 pm

rpcarnell wrote:
I itch all over my body while trying to sleep.

Have you considered the possibility of bed bugs? Also, maybe the fabric of your PJ's and/or sheets make you itch.