Anyone else have severe body dysmorphia ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sohilsingh469
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2022, 10:06 pm

I am very body dysmorphic. I used to think until age 12 if I didn’t grow to be tall my life would be over. I am 5’10 now at 18(I’m a man btw, I don’t know how to change this, I didn’t set it up carefully) then at 14, I became obsessed with my face and my race( I am half white half India) thinking that I would never be loved cuz of my race I got a name change to my white middle name, and would get nervous at being thought of as Indian. I also used to obsess over my jaw shape and stuff like that, thinking if I got bad sleep then my jaw would shrink the next day or my skin would turn bad. Does this sound crazy to all of you?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 10:57 pm

Not usual. Actually, my head shape changes a lot frequently.

I am a trans male

When I was 18, I lost about 10 pounds in one quarter

When I was 20, I gained about 15 pounds in one quarter

Emotional overeating

When I was 18 to 35, I used to do extreme things to try to lose weight. For example, a couple of weeks, I measured that one walked 82 miles each week.

But pretty soon I am going to be old, injured, disabled, sick, and fat. I have been trying and failing to change my diet

But some articles claim that chocolate feels like love in the brain

From 29 til now, I have been drinking about 5 liters and water daily, in attempt to reduce appetite. Lately it has been too inconvenient drinking so much water because many litterboxes closed due to coronavirus. Also, the men's litterbox at my slave plantation only contains three litterboxes. Not enough for everyone that works in the building, customers, contractors and day laborers. And, last Saturday and Sunday, some ass hole had the nerve to monopolize one toilet from before 9:30am til 3pm. The hand dryers give me headaches. Too loud. Loud talking and loud music in the bathroom. I don't even want to go in there

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2022, 12:25 am

Lots of people are concerned about their looks, but the truth is that what you do with your looks and how you treat others matters a lot more than your looks themselves.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:05 am

^^ I only knew one guy who would try out more than one outfit before going out. He was basically small and unattractive, but his sense of style more than made up for that.