What are your social, economic, and politic views.

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 11:54 pm

jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Restore the Old Republic that was America under Jefferson. Vote Ron Paul 2008.

I support the Constitution Party, they haven't nominated a candidate yet, but I'm not voting for the major parties anymore they have to much already and don't need any more.

Here is what the Constitution Party is for:

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:

1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

They sound a little too conservative for my tastes.

I support abortion,
I'm not opposed to gay civil unions
and... I'm not an isolationist.

I think I'll stick with the Libertarian Party. Anyone who has P.J. O'Rourke as a member has to be cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

That's okay, everyone has a right to their opinion.

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2007, 11:57 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I guess that's why guns are almost illegal: the government has grown so corrupt that it's afraid of its own people.

Tell me about it!! ! i live in California. I've had 2 "Assault wepons" confiscated by the Peoples Republic. Both legaly purchased here in state back in the 90's. Since then they passed laws banning them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 12:15 am

I have gone target shooting with my uncle once. He has an AK-47 and an AR-15 and he let me fire both :!: :D I think he still owns them, Michigan is a little different than California. I'm from Texas BTW.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 12:50 am

jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I guess that's why guns are almost illegal: the government has grown so corrupt that it's afraid of its own people.

Tell me about it!! ! i live in California. I've had 2 "Assault weapons" confiscated by the Peoples Republic. Both legally purchased here in state back in the 90's. Since then they passed laws banning them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The government has little to fear anyway.

A few people with guns would not be enough to deal with professional military personnel, not to mention tanks and stealth bombers.

The fact that you have guns is pointless from the angle of "protecting your rights from the government" they have the REAL guns. Things like tanks and howitzers.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 7:02 am

There should be strict corruption laws to prevent officials from taking bribes. If that involves monitoring what goes into politician's bank accounts, and forbidding them from accepting anything other than their own salary, then so be it. An anti-corruption agency should be set up, with full investigational powers. There should also be a system which allows citizens to have a referendum and official on any law if a certain amount of people sign a petition.

People at the top do not need government handouts, either, and neither do corporations. Welfare is strictly for the poor/disabled.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 9:37 am

jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Restore the Old Republic that was America under Jefferson. Vote Ron Paul 2008.

I support the Constitution Party, they haven't nominated a candidate yet, but I'm not voting for the major parties anymore they have to much already and don't need any more.

Here is what the Constitution Party is for:

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:

1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

They sound a little too conservative for my tastes.

I support abortion,
I'm not opposed to gay civil unions
and... I'm not an isolationist.

I think I'll stick with the Libertarian Party. Anyone who has P.J. O'Rourke as a member has to be cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I also support the Constitution Party, though they do not match my beliefs 100%. I personally don't care one way or the other on gay civil unions, and as such laws would not affect me I don't think I have the right to an opinion on the topic. :| However, the CP is certainly not isolationist, unless viewed from the current imperialistic perspective. They support a strong and vibrant national defense, but would prefer to heed the words of our founders and not meddle in another country's internal affairs. There I have to agree with them. We have 75,000 troops stationed in Germany now- why? Do we think Hitler is going to come back to power or something? There's another 40,000 in South Korea. And yet we don't have enough troops to be able to secure our own borders?
My main objection to the Libertarian party is their exccessive (to me at least) preoccupation with marijuana. :roll: We have bigger issues to deal with than whether the pothead down the street can get his drug fix legally or not. Because of that issue the Libertarians have established themselves in the minds of most Americans as such crazies that they will never be a viable option in elections. Also I like the Constitution party's greater emphasis on keeping our borders secure. Aside from those few things, the CP and LP are more or less the same, and we can both support Ron Paul. :)

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2007, 9:48 am

Flagg wrote:
jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Tell me about it!! ! i live in California. I've had 2 "Assault weapons" confiscated by the Peoples Republic. Both legally purchased here in state back in the 90's. Since then they passed laws banning them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A few people with guns would not be enough to deal with professional military personnel, not to mention tanks and stealth bombers.

The fact that you have guns is pointless from the angle of "protecting your rights from the government" they have the REAL guns. Things like tanks and howitzers.

One thing to keep in mind Flagg. I was one of those "professional military personel" at one time. I certianly had sympathies towards the militia movement, and found several other service members who were as well. If push camwe to shove, there would be several defections within the military.

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2007, 9:51 am

Orwell wrote:
My main objection to the Libertarian party is their exccessive (to me at least) preoccupation with marijuana. :roll: We have bigger issues to deal with than whether the pothead down the street can get his drug fix legally or not. Because of that issue the Libertarians have established themselves in the minds of most Americans as such crazies that they will never be a viable option in elections. Also I like the Constitution party's greater emphasis on keeping our borders secure. Aside from those few things, the CP and LP are more or less the same, and we can both support Ron Paul. :)

The best argument for legalization of pot, is the tax revenue that it will generate, and the fact that de-criminalizing pot will take money out of the hands of.........criminals!! Instead a legitimate legal market will be established that will have to conform to Federal and State laws.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 10:00 am

jfrmeister wrote:
Orwell wrote:

The best argument for legalization of pot, is the tax revenue that it will generate, and the fact that de-criminalizing pot will take money out of the hands of.........criminals!! Instead a legitimate legal market will be established that will have to conform to Federal and State laws.

Yes, of course, there are very good practical arguments for legalizing pot. I never disputed that, and I do agree with Libertarians much of the time. I just don't think that pot is a big enough deal that it should be the mainstay of a party's platform at a time when our economy is on the verge of collapse and we are faced with the imminent threat of martial law. And anyways, our government doesn't need any more tax revenue- they just need to spend a hell of a lot less!

Sylvius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2007, 6:25 pm

Flagg wrote:
jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

That's why the people should be permitted to acquire tanks and howitzers. The point of the right to bear arms is lost if the government has access to weapons that are denied to the people.

Cobra attack helicopters for EVERYONE!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 9:52 pm

Sylvius wrote:
That's why the people should be permitted to acquire tanks and howitzers. The point of the right to bear arms is lost if the government has access to weapons that are denied to the people.

Cobra attack helicopters for EVERYONE!

Hmm... but most Americans still wouldn't have the cash to purchase their own private tank, though collectively we provide them to the government. Instead, let's not let the government have these weapons in use either- does America really have to fear a foreign invasion at this point in its history? If not, why the amassing of such fearsome weapons? As General and President Dwight David Eisenhower noted, "Every gun that is made, every rocket fired, every warship launched, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, are cold and are not clothed." Remember, Ike warned us against letting the arms dealers gain too much influence over our politicians. Cut their public paycheck, our Army will suffice with lighter guns, perhaps a handful of tanks. We could maintain a modest navy and a small air force with less expense than we now pour into the coffers of vile war-criminals by trade.

Edit: Inconsiderate as I often am of little details, I did not at first realize that I was responding to a post from a Canadian with references to my own country. Well, Sylvius, I don't know if your country was ever threatened with invasion from any nation but mine. Therefore let both our countries' governments lay down their arms and neither of us shall have need to fear.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:33 am

What's everyone's view on the masses of Latin Americans pouring in the US and taking so many jobs, albeit crap jobs for low pay?

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2007, 10:11 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
What's everyone's view on the masses of Latin Americans pouring in the US and taking so many jobs, albeit crap jobs for low pay?

That's a subject for another thread.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2007, 11:27 am

I support stealing basic necessary goods whenever you have the chance.
I support not voting.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 3:18 pm

jfrmeister wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

That's a subject for another thread.

Still is both a political and economic question, but if you wish.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 7:02 pm

Cops are sent through what amounts to boot camp now and little guns against planes bombing the hell out of people ain't going to do much.

People don't have to take up arms against the government, just stock up on food & fuel and stop working for a few months and it would cripple the country. The tax revenue would dry up and the international funding of our government would grind to a halt.

Civil unrest would panic the world financial markets or more like civil rest, just stop working and cripple the country real fast.

Shut down all the utilities in about 80% of the houses and have 5 families all move in together and have a 2 month or so party.

Power companies would be shutting down power plants because of way less demand, oil companies wouldn't know what to do with all the gas & oil. Trains & trucks would grind to a haul when orders got cancelled.

The state governments would quickly run out of money.

just stay home and have a big old party with friends and relatives.