Michigan GOP candidate arrested for 1/6 involvement

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 2:20 pm

Michigan candidate for governor, Ryan Kelley, arrested by FBI for Jan. 6 involvement

Quote:
Kelley was arrested by the FBI Thursday at his home in Allendale in western Michigan. He is scheduled to appear Thursday at the U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids.

Documents say that Kelley was part of a crowd that tried to disrupt the certification of President Biden as the winner of the November election. The evidence includes photos and videos of the insurrection that were posted online.

Kelley is a Republican candidate for governor who will appear on the August statewide primary ballot.

Thursday afternoon, a post appeared on Kelley's campaign Facebook page with just the words, "Political Prisoner."

The criminal complaint alleges that Kelley, among other things, knowingly entered and engaged in disorderly conduct in restricted buildings or grounds and engaged in an act of physical violence against a person or property

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman