3 dead, 1 injured in shooting at Maryland factory

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 4:04 pm

ABC news

Quote:
Three people are dead and one critically injured after a shooting at a factory in Smithsburg, Maryland, Thursday afternoon, authorities said.

The alleged gunman was wounded in an ensuing shootout with state police, authorities said.

The alleged shooter had fled the scene and was apprehended by Maryland State Police in nearby Hagerstown based on a description of the suspect, the sheriff's office said.

The suspect and a state trooper exchanged gunfire, and both were injured and transported for medical treatment, the sheriff's office said.

Washington County Sheriff spokesperson Sgt. Carly Hose said the alleged shooter is a man, though no additional information on the suspect or a possible motive was released.

Hose could not confirm the employment status of the suspect or victims.

Columbia Machine manufactures concrete products equipment. Smithsburg is about 70 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 8:44 pm

No longer necessary to report a shooting....

Better to report how many