Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 1:49 pm

Venison.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 4:13 pm

Well the wage slave thing, you've got to understand how propaganda floats on the waves of the lower class being under-payed and overworked to the point that they don't have time to give a s**t, so it beats them into blind submission. It doesn't always stops aspies or people with high IQs from thinking about things, but for the common person it does. It keeps them complacent.
The problem with it is as long as humans need to do the work, we're stuck in an hierarchy, and often the upper echelon of the hierarchy will become apathetic, domineering, and oppressive to the little people (those on the bottom). Once you've worked the same joe job for long enough, everything in life becomes so routine it gets old, and sucks the energy out of life (rather it be conscious or sub-conscious). The workaholic is someone who has gotten so used to this that they use it as an escape from other issues in their life.
I am a hard worker myself, because I have never gotten anything for free. Hard work is an unfortunate fact of life unless your born into wealth. I don't complain about it while i work, I work as efficiently, responsibly, and as hard as I can to earn my paycheck.
But honestly I wouldn't be opposed to robots taking over more of the work force and people living in a more technocratic society. However, I fear that without work, people will become even more undisciplined.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 4:15 pm

Then again, if people are taught that it's cool to think (instead of how it is right now, the exact opposite), given they'll have alot more time to think, maybe people could become more disciplined through intellect.