Have You Been Politically Brainwashed By The Media?

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:17 pm

In regards to politics or any other subject in recent times ask yourself this: "Are my porsonal oppinions in regard tonpolitics or any other recent subject a carbon copy of the views being portrayed on the news?"

Each time you go to reply to a thread and you have an oppinion take that oppinion as a perfect example to ask yourself the above question and if your oppinion mirrors the views of the news items that you watch start to look at other oppinions that one may have to see if they also mirror the oppinions of the newscasters, and if they do, then alarm bells should ring within you because you will realized how brainwashed you have become. (The name "Newscaster" should ring alarm bells anyway if one knows anything much about the spiritual aspects of such things).

I want you all to have your own oppinions and yes, sometimes one will share oppinions and sometimes not, but what I don't want any of you to be is brainwashed.

Signs of brainwashing are that ones own oppinions directly mirror the oppinions of the media or whoever you are following that is causing the brainwashing effect.
Other signs include an agressiveness towards those who share different oppinions than ones own (Another big warning bell should be going off with this one!) and one is not even willing to examine or compare other oppinions on whatever subject is being explored.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:37 pm

I wouldn't say I've been brainwashed. I tend to base my opinions on how a particular person or party or establishment has affected me personally.

The media is a useful tool in helping me to see how many other people have been affected in the same way as me and then that does reinforce my opinions.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

I’m too stubborn to be brainwashed. I don’t follow mainstream media anyway.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:49 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Have you been politically brainwashed by The Media?
No.  I have always hated Trump.  I have also been "woke" to racism and sexism since my teen years.  My opinions regarding LGBTQ+ rights have been a little slower in coming, but were already well-established by the time I finished college.  Being in direct contact with oppressed people and getting to know them as people made all the difference.
Mountain Goat wrote:
Are my personal opinions in regard to politics or any other recent subject a carbon copy of the views being portrayed on the news?
PFFFTTT!!  LOL!  Seriously?

No, if anything, I skip the articles expressing "journalistic" opinions and analyses, and form my own opinions based on my own experiences, my own education, and my own research into valid facts backed by empirical evidence.  It is just coincidental that many women, minority members, and I share similar views.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:51 pm

You have to have a brain in order for it to be brainwashed. :doh:

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:28 pm

Brainwashing prevents you from having a dirty mind

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:32 pm

Mine could do with a good old scrub then

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:42 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Soviet diplomats visit American universities.

American reporter: is the brainwashing control of the Soviet Union very advanced?

Soviet diplomat: No, there is still a big gap between us and the advanced countries. My current visit to America is to learn from the advanced experience of brainwashing in America.

American reporter: bah, we didn't brainwash.

Soviet diplomat: Yes, I'm here to learn this.

Of course, none of us are brainwashed, not even slightly.
I've never seen every bloc and individual PP&R become almost 99% aligned on any single issue, not ever.
:clown: :clown:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:47 pm

Sheesh!  Talk about mass brainwashing and no one bats an eye.

Perform mass brainwashing and everyone loses their minds.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 2:00 pm

Obviously I'm not brainwashed! But all those people who disagree with me, and consume media I personally disagree with--those people are obviously brainwashed! I am free-thinking, logical genius extraordinare.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm

I oppose government that serves only the wealthiest, trickle down economics, wokeness (or rather Rainbow capitalism), radical extremism coming from any far political wing, the idea that video game violence is to blame for real world violence, religion that seeks to control everything and everyone under god, privatization of resources and services both public and federal, censorship of art, censorship of criticism, the destruction of workers' unions, capitalism without regulations, and Ayn Rand philosophies.

Do I sound like I'm brainwashed?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 2:34 pm

You have to pretty much brain dead if you're still watching MSM, at this point.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

06 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

I would make a distinction between brainwashing and gaslighting. I have been gaslighted by the media and it confuses me to no end. The amount of false information can be overwhelming. George Orwell was very good about describing this in his novel 1984. So, I pick my sources very carefully and try to get a complete picture.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 3:45 pm

Not me, because I don't do news media.

The last time I watched news was 9/11.
I don't have a radio.
I seldom read anything political online, except links I find here on WP.

My lack of knowledge about politics, parties, and political figures is laughable, really.
I understand parliamentary democracy as a system and that's about it.
I have no idea who the people are that everyone talks about on here.

Partisanship and conspiracies and stuff go right over my head.
When I see lists like aspiegaming's, I don't know if that makes him red or blue.

I've had my own understanding of how the world should work since I was about four years old.
It involves: live and let live, treat everyone equally, and think for yourself about ethics.
I look for the human rights / civil rights element of every story and consider myself Egalitarian.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 3:54 pm

There is only one true litmus test to answer this question.

And only folks who have spent more than a casual amount of time here on WrongPlanet can even take the litmus test.

Ask yourself one question, and one question only.

Here it is:

Do you always 100 percent agree with every opinion ever expressed by Mr. Naturalplastic?

Yes, or No?

If the answer is yes then ...you are a true free thinking individualistic individual! :D

If the answer is "no. Sometimes my opinions differ from those of Mr. Naturalplastic" then you are a sad victim of media brainwashing. :(

Simple as that.

So now that we all have settled that lets move on to some other topic.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm

Ever get that subtle feeling your being brashwashed ….after a N P post ….. lolz

where ever you go ,there you are