Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:44 pm

KitLily wrote:
ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
Nobody seems to have mentioned that some of those irritating talkative people are probably autistic....

The ones I mean are extroverts who think the world revolves around them. Very loud and animated types. Could they be autistic?
Yes, they absolutely could be.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:46 pm

ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
^ indeed! I know I can rattle on about s**t nobody is interested in. I have definitely autistic friends who take an enormous amount of energy because they struggle to understand boundaries. Some of them are learning as I learn to communicate better.
The interesting thing about that whole not understanding boundaries thing, is that I have the opposite problem. NO ONE seems to understand that my boundaries should be respected. That is very difficult for me.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:49 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Sometimes on the train on the way to the slave plantation, someone is screaming or playing loud music and I get a headache and I have to move to the next train. However there are only so many trains, and there are plenty of annoying customers

The Litterbox at work is like an (echo chamber). Loud talking, loud music, loud hand dryer. Confined location.

Sensory overload

And then sometimes precious lil "people" have the nerve to bother me. A couple of weeks ago, a day laborer had the nerve to scream "chino" at me from across the parking lot.

Sometimes they demand an answer, to unjustified questions.
Slave plantation??? Where are you??

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:50 pm

skibum wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Sometimes on the train on the way to the slave plantation, someone is screaming or playing loud music and I get a headache and I have to move to the next train. However there are only so many trains, and there are plenty of annoying customers

The Litterbox at work is like an (echo chamber). Loud talking, loud music, loud hand dryer. Confined location.

Sensory overload

And then sometimes precious lil "people" have the nerve to bother me. A couple of weeks ago, a day laborer had the nerve to scream "chino" at me from across the parking lot.

Sometimes they demand an answer, to unjustified questions.
Slave plantation??? Where are you??
Oh, right, I just got the joke. It took me awhile.

Wreck It Ralph

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm

skibum wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Oh yes! I LOVE sharing information. But isn't it interesting that some people take offence when we share information? They seem to think we're making a comment or criticism of them.

Does that happen to you?

Oh gosh, I can so relate. I hate when people twist my words when I am just sharing facts and they respond as if I am personally criticizing them. It's so infuriating when people do that.

That's it, exactly. They get angry and I'm left thinking 'what did I do?'

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:52 pm

skibum wrote:
KitLily wrote:
The ones I mean are extroverts who think the world revolves around them. Very loud and animated types. Could they be autistic?
Yes, they absolutely could be.

That's interesting, I didn't know autistic people could be extroverts! :oops: