Does anyone else get caught in fantasy dreaming often?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2022, 1:53 pm

I often get caught day dreaming or coming up with scenarios in my head about certain things. Can anyone else relate to this or is it just me?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm

It is not just you

When I dissociate, I try to think "here and now"

Notice what your body is doing and what you are trying to accomplish

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2022, 4:00 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
It is not just you

When I dissociate, I try to think "here and now"

Notice what your body is doing and what you are trying to accomplish

I had disturbing fantasies when I was younger about like school shooters and serial killers, and I often dwell on that or use to stim to that. I think it was part of being nervous about the future

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:45 pm

I think you are describing a common trait called DAY DREAMING. Many people day dream especially when they are not part of the scene. So what is happening. Well, I will describe it this way.

Humans have multiple brains. Look at the human skull. It has two sides one on the left and one on the right. Each of these are an independent and unique brain. The left side has an added structure that completes development at around the age of 12 or 13 and joins these two parts together. But they are independent brains.

In reality, others have performed greater research in this area than I have and their analysis indicates that humans actually contain 4 independent brain structures with very distinct characteristics. I would recommend reading the book

Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor. It will provide you some unique insight into who human brains are really designed and why humans are light years above creatures that came before us.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 6:52 pm

I catch myself daydreaming about the world of the future. A world with more acceptance and less pain.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 1:53 pm

I spent my whole time in school learning to daydream. Since then, I've built some of the things I dreamt up. I still spend most of my time trying to find the patterns that explain the results that we see.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jul 2022, 4:50 pm

Though staying aware of what is going on around me, I think I have always engaged in daydreams. Maybe it is a coping devise in this hectic confusing world we live in. I could never understand how people could be fully absorbed in the events going on around them. Almost anyplace I am, I am also living in one of my daydream worlds alongside reality.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 9:32 am

All the time, even at work since my job is very repetitive and doesn't really involve much interaction with other people.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 9:44 am

I generally live in a fantasy world of stories, fanfic, movies. It is so much better than real life, which is lonely and boring.