I think that females like me but what do I do?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:00 pm

Whether or not a woman considers you dating material, 80% of that is already determined by whether or not she is physically attracted to you. If a woman finds you attractive, she's much more likely to give you a chance, but if a woman thinks you're ugly, you have little to no shot with her.

Think of physical attraction like a threshold and in order for a woman to consider you dating material, you have to first meet her physical attraction threshold before she'll take your other non-physical qualities into consideration. It's not necessarily about being the hottest guy, it's about being hot enough to at least be physically attracted to the person. HOWEVER if a woman finds you physically unattractive from the get go, no amount of personality is likely going to change her mind.

This is why the whole looksmaxx movement is going on and the reason for that is because dating is easier the higher number of women that find you physically attractive. As a straight man in the dating market, it's easier to get results if 25% of women find you attractive, as opposed to only 3%, right? And I think that deep down, many young people instinctively know this which is why many go to the gym, dress nice, try to adopt a better diet, in the hopes of attracting a potential mate since dating and sex is a driving force and motivation for young people.

But what if you're ugly, what do you do then? Well the first scenario would be to looksmaxx your way to being good looking, or at least average looking. This is especially true if the qualities which make you unattractive are easily fixable. A 6 ft tall man with naturally broad shoulders and decent facial features but is 100 pounds overweight, is an example of someone who could looksmaxx their way to being good looking, because the thing that makes them unattractive, their weight, is quite fixable.

However if you're ugly and have no way of fixing it, well then you better be bringing something else to the table to make up for your lack of looks. For example, Steve Harvey is quite funny and charismatic despite being below average looking in appearance. Even if Steve Harvey weren't famous, I still think he'd do okay with women from his personality alone. So having a really extroverted, charismatic, or outgoing personality is one way to attract women despite not being super attractive. Other men use money or resources to attract a woman and that is their selling point, or otherwise known as the "betabux" route. Betabux refers to a below average looking man who attracts women not through his looks, but through his abundance of wealth and resources, think someone like Bill Gates. Betabuxes are typically smarter than average and ambitious individuals which some women are attracted to due to their intelligence and/or wealth potential.

Other unattractive men may realize that they're probably not going to date an attractive woman, and choose someone who is unattractive as well, they essentially "stick to their level" either because that's what they want or they don't think they can do better.

The choice is yours. But if you want kids, then you better make a decision quickly because you're 30 years old and you may only have 5-10 years left. Tick tock.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 5:02 pm

Jermaine wrote:
:? Boy, i've never seen so many trivial responses to a simple question... He only wanted to know how he can go from a smile to an interaction and hopefully a phone number.

Yet; everyone either...
1. Suggested he became friends with a woman (stating the obvious if ever that were so easy)
2. Suggested he work out other personal issues (Which he's already aware of and working on)
3. Played police trying to shame his grammar (a clearly non-existent issue)

@enz made the only constructive post here.

No one is perfect. Threads like this make others put off the idea of posting on this forum, I thought we were all aware of the issues we all have and are part of this community because we're trying to polish ourselves, no need to harp on flaws, state the obvious or shame anyone. This is not the only time i've seen this recently. Please be helpful.

I'm not surprised by the comments. It's what the men here pretty much get when asking for advice or talking about their dating struggles. I thought about posting my own dating struggles myself but, when I saw the responses some got(which this one is more of the tame side) I didn't bother.

So to emphasize more on what you said:
1.Many guys NT or Autistic recommend NOT becoming friends with a woman you are trying to date because that usually lands you in the friendzone. Once in there it's almost impossible to get out, and the friends can turn into relationships thing is usually only a small percent and usually the woman already knew you were actually trying to get a date with her anyway.
2.Personal issues can be worked out in a relationship(and the other person can actually help with said issue if needed). For some unknown reason people these days act like when you start dating you have to have absolutely no problems and all your stuff together. Most people aren't that way and telling them to work on it(especially if they are already doing it) is just a waste of time.
3.The critique on grammar is usually about "political correctness" crap which if I was asking about dating I would not care about because at the end of the day...who cares?

Here is my advice. Now I can only speak from my perspective and how women responded to me but, one thing is confidence. Confidence meaning being who you are and liking yourself, if you have people who don't like you, who cares? They don't have to like you screw them and move on with your life. Second one is have a goal or some future you are working toward achieving in life. No woman I've met was interested in a guy that had no future goals in mind or some standard of living he is striving to achieve(These are the type of men they usually are on social media talking about when they break up with him and become jaded). Third one is(and this will be a hard one) find something mainstream to talk about but best to avoid political and religious subjects. This will give you a talking point(just in case you stutter and don't know what to say also it will make you seem like you haven't been living under a rock for years). Now will these things guarantee you a date? No. But it will increase your chances of getting her phone number, a date, and also keeping her around. You already have women smiling at you and comfortable in your space from what it sounds like so that's half the battle right there!

Also having friends can help keep you in check when you get googly-eyed about your girlfriend and smack you across the head to snap you back to reality. :lol:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Last edited by AquaineBay on 14 Aug 2022, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 5:04 pm

No matter what anybody says, I feel that “friends to romance” is pretty good in terms of long-lasting relationships.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 14 Aug 2022, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No matter what anybody says, I feel that “friends to romance” to be pretty good in terms of long-lasting relationships.

Only works if the woman is attracted to you initially and potentially see's you as dating material. If a woman ISNT attracted to you at all, then no, being her friend isn't going to magically make her fall in love with you.

And to make my point clear, imagine if you were friends with some obese 80 year old woman. Do you think you'd ever want to date her? No, because you'd never be attracted to her. 80 year old grandma simply doesn't turn you on and she never will, no matter how nice she is to you.

Unless you're perfectly okay with being friends with a woman and nothing else, being friends first is a great way of getting friendzoned. Instead what you should do is about 2 months of going out with her, then you have the talk and ask if they are interested in dating, if that's what you want. If they say no or give some other BS, then you know they're probably not too interested.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 5:59 pm

I’ve been friendzoned…..yes.

I still feel making friends with women, at least, make one more appealing to a potential romantic partner.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:15 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
No matter what anybody says, I feel that “friends to romance” to be pretty good in terms of long-lasting relationships.

Only works if the woman is attracted to you initially and potentially see's you as dating material. If a woman ISNT attracted to you at all, then no, being her friend isn't going to magically make her fall in love with you.

This is not true 100% of the time.

I’m not really attracted to anyone until I get to know them. I’m attracted to personalities more than bodies. A person can become attractive to me once I get to know him or her even if there wasn’t an initial appeal.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:17 pm

There are times when people fall in love after knowing each other for years.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:19 pm

Quote:
Personal issues can be worked out in a relationship(and the other person can actually help with said issue if needed). For some unknown reason people these days act like when you start dating you have to have absolutely no problems and all your stuff together. Most people aren't that way and telling them to work on it(especially if they are already doing it) is just a waste of time.

It depends on the severity of the issue. Hitting people due to anger issues is a pretty severe problem that should be fully resolved with the help of trained professionals before getting into a relationship.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when people fall in love after knowing each other for years.

Exactly!

I’ve been there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:22 pm

Someone once threw a cup of coffee at me at work. The person was immediately fired. This was in the early 80s.