Om Nom the Candy Eating Sweet Pea 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Schultz. You come across as German 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Kinks. You come across as British 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 6:09 am

I'm trying to decide on an avatar that suits my personality the most. It's a toss-up between Om Nom the candy eating Sweet Pea, Sgt, Schultz from Hogan's Heroes and The Kinks. I need an avatar that reflects my personality and the way that I come across to my fellow WP family members.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 8:27 am

Om Nom with a Kinks haircut and a Stahlhelm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 8:44 am

Look at it from the POV of someone who just now joins WP, and has never 'met' you before.

The sweet pea thing is the most 'user friendly'. It accurately portrays your personality ...which is that you're a sweet pea.

And a new WP user seeing it wouldnt need much explanation for it. The meaning is obvious.

Schultz would be the least 'user friendly' avatar because a newcome to WP who doesnt know what Schultz means to you as an individual wouldnt 'get it', and would be baffled by it (at best). And might well be offended by a pic of a German guy guarding a ...camp...if you get my drift. Its just too problematic.

I am biased towards liking the Kinks because I like oldies rock, and classic rock.

I you wanna express your "British side" you might use that famous pic of the Who- in which the members of the band are all on the steps of building wrapped in a Union Jack like its a blanket. Cool classic photo. Google the album "the Kids Are Alright". It was used as the album cover.

If you want to express "Germaness" than show a German musician (Wagner, Beethoven, Kraftwerk, Rammstien), or...some corny old guys in lederhosen playing German "Beer Barrel Polka".

Last edited by naturalplastic on 31 Jul 2022, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 8:47 am

I very rarely look at people's avatars

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 8:34 pm

I've decided on Om Nom. :P

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 6:22 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've decided on Om Nom. :P

Good.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 7:56 pm

Om Nom is a little Sweet Pea and he's never mean. He also cares about the environment. He loves anything that's sweet. He also still has the stem from his pea pod. He also looks very cute with his open mouth smile, like this. :P