Was I in love with an Aspergers woman? Help!

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 3:15 pm

The very first thing I thought of was BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)... but I do admit, some of the things you said about her made me think she might be AS or HFA, too.

She might have appeared as wanton at first because she was faking it, to fit into the mold that she thinks society expects from her. But the more she tried to fit into that mold, the harder it became for her to pull it off. It's very exhausting trying to pretend to be NT. Eventually the mask has to come off. I think Star (a member here) said it best when she said something about AS people being wonderful chameleons in an NT world. We try to fit in and often do whatever it takes, make many sacrifices, but in the end we just can't do it 24/7.

Then to, she might be behaving the way she does because she was sexually abused at one time. She might WANT to be a sexy, attractive, desirable, reciprocal woman, but is unable to be that person, no matter how hard she tries.

Or it could be any or all of the above.

out of control, & at times
hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 3:20 am

Maybe, but somehow I doubt it.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.