Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2022, 10:59 am

I'm trying to find out how apartment rental works in other countries compared to my country(Israel). The situation is kinda complicated here and it can be difficult, so I'm trying to find out what its like in other countries.

For forum members on WrongPlanet, especially those of you who live in the US, Canada, UK, Australia and so on. I have a few questions please.

- Can you link to a popular site in your country for apartments for rent, just to get a general idea?

- Is a deposit usually required, or co-signers, and so on, or you can find places where it is not required?

- Does the price depend on popularity / size of a place? For example in bigger cities the price is higher, in smaller towns its cheaper? And so on.

- Are there any restrictions regarding bringing in guests into the rented house/apartment?

- Is there rental service for foreign tourists?(For example if I visit a different country myself and would like to rent instead of going to a hotel, for example for work purposes on a work visa)

- Does it work privately or usually a real estate agent is involved?

Thanks

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 11:23 am

I don't know too much about it but:
Over here co-signers are required in the popular areas.
The price does go up in the popular areas too.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2022, 10:52 pm

klanka wrote:
I don't know too much about it but:
Over here co-signers are required in the popular areas.
The price does go up in the popular areas too.

If you tell them you dont have co-signer, they tell you, "sorry, I'm not renting"?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:02 am

I only looked into it once so not sure.
I think its because of people who receive housing benefit into their bank account and don't give it to the landlord.

I assume that if I had a job and offered to pay some months in advance that they wouldn't need a co-signer.