Another MAGA making another Nazi comparison

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 2:13 pm

Scott Jensen likens COVID-19 public health policies to Kristallnacht, Nazism

Quote:
Republican nominee for governor Scott Jensen is set to appear Tuesday at a Republican Jewish Coalition event.

He may want to clarify to the group some remarks he made in April in which he off-handedly compared recent public health policies to Hitler’s rise.

Jensen was speaking to a group called MaskOffMN, which calls the government’s response to COVID-19 “a fraud.” The group also alleges the COVID-19 vaccines are not proven safe nor effective and warns that “A Peacetime Emergency could still be reinstated in Minnesota at any time, with all its mask mandates, lockdowns, and tyranny.”

Jensen was among like-minded people at the event — as of earlier this year Jensen was not vaccinated and once referred to COVID-19 as a “mild four day respiratory illness.”

Jensen sought to explain why it was important to ask questions of our government, and he seemed to imply that groups like MaskOffMN that resist government public health policies would help prevent a repeat of Nazism.

“If you look at the 1930’sJensen says he can’t be sure who won the 2020 election, which is all you need to know and you look at it carefully, we could see something’s happening. Little things that people chose to push aside. ‘It’s going to be okay.’ And then the little things grew into something bigger. Then there was a night called Kristallnacht. The night of the breaking glass,” said Jensen, whose comments were also reported Monday by TCJewfolk.

Jensen traced more history: “Then there was the book burning, and it kept growing and growing, and a guy named Hitler kept growing in power, and World War II came about.”

Officials from Jensen’s campaign and the Republican Jewish Coalition did not immediately respond to the Reformer’s request for comment.

Jensen says he can’t be sure who won the 2020 election, which is all you need to know
Quote:
When Republican nominee for governor Scott Jensen was asked on Minnesota Public Radio in March whether the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump, here’s what he said: “I have no way of knowing that.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm

I'm confused. :?
I thought the liberals were the communists and the conservatives were the nazis.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:43 pm

I must be a pretty convincing conservative. :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:06 pm

Raptor wrote:
I thought the liberals were the communists and the conservatives were the nazis.

That is so 1970s of you.

AMERICAN NOTES: The Hitler Analogy - Time magazine August 28, 1972 edition
Quote:
In 1971 George McGovern declared: "Except for Adolf Hitler's extermination of the Jewish people, the American bombardment of defenseless peasants in Indochina is the most barbaric act of modern times." Last week he conjured up the Hitler analogy again. He accused President Nixon of being "at least indirectly" responsible for the invasion of the Democratic National Committee offices in Washington by five men last June (see story, page 20). McGovern later added that the incident was "the kind of thing you expect under a person like Hitler.

Radicals painted "America" on campus walls. Police were "fascist pigs." Women's Lib's Gloria Steinem even took up the cry recently, claiming that a female reading Playboy must experience the same revulsion that a Jew would feel encountering a Nazi manual. Meantime, ideologues on the other side professed to see Brownshirts in the bearded radicals.

"King" Nixon gives the Nazi salute at a Nixon impeachment rally on the Ellipse, 27 October 1973

I personally do not remember "bearded radicals" being called Nazis. I remember a lot of "Commies", "Pinkos", "traitors", and "spoiled brats".

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Raptor wrote:

That is so 1970s of you.

AMERICAN NOTES: The Hitler Analogy - Time magazine August 28, 1972 edition
Quote:
In 1971 George McGovern declared: "Except for Adolf Hitler's extermination of the Jewish people, the American bombardment of defenseless peasants in Indochina is the most barbaric act of modern times." Last week he conjured up the Hitler analogy again. He accused President Nixon of being "at least indirectly" responsible for the invasion of the Democratic National Committee offices in Washington by five men last June (see story, page 20). McGovern later added that the incident was "the kind of thing you expect under a person like Hitler.

Radicals painted "America" on campus walls. Police were "fascist pigs." Women's Lib's Gloria Steinem even took up the cry recently, claiming that a female reading Playboy must experience the same revulsion that a Jew would feel encountering a Nazi manual. Meantime, ideologues on the other side professed to see Brownshirts in the bearded radicals.

"King" Nixon gives the Nazi salute at a Nixon impeachment rally on the Ellipse, 27 October 1973

I personally do not remember "bearded radicals" being called Nazis. I remember a lot of "Commies", "Pinkos", "traitors", and "spoiled brats".

It’s still alive and well.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 12:53 pm

Beware of these comparisons … have started to feel we have a case of the pot calling the kettle blac k .
The US Gov has been doing some. Very nasty ongoing black bag events around the world . In the name of the American way . Or so I have come to have read about repeated from a huge variety of sources .
And then twist the narrative , which ever way they wish .As they directly and indirectly control most all of the large media resources here, It appears. Then reinforce it in so many ways , So people
can’t tell anymore. Upon wide analysis of our tactics here
…. (It bears almost identical practices historically of that party that took over Germany in WW2,)
In order to manipulate
The masses in the USA . But cloaked in the light of US nationalism . It seems they twist and prod the population
Here so much that many can only hope to exist and get food on the table,and hopefully have a roof to live under.
But the Germans did not have the media technology that we have today . So occasionally bits of verifiable facts emerge. But bulk media available to the larger population is amended to fit the states narrative.
And it is important to keep some level of division and distraction amongst the masses . Ala the 911 and the Patriot Act and excuses to invade Iraq and etc.. Remember building 3 . That was demolished inspite of nothing hitting it.
Amazingly during the German election then ,the Riechstag, German Parliament their version of a big important Capitol building building was burned down. And blamed undesirables .Someday the
People might catch on and change the entire narrative.

where ever you go ,there you are

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 4:42 pm

Jakki wrote:
Beware of these comparisons … have started to feel we have a case of the pot calling the kettle blac k .
The US Gov has been doing some. Very nasty ongoing black bag events around the world . In the name of the American way . Or so I have come to have read about repeated from a huge variety of sources .
And then twist the narrative , which ever way they wish .As they directly and indirectly control most all of the large media resources here, It appears. Then reinforce it in so many ways , So people
can’t tell anymore. Upon wide analysis of our tactics here
…. (It bears almost identical practices historically of that party that took over Germany in WW2,)
In order to manipulate
The masses in the USA . But cloaked in the light of US nationalism . It seems they twist and prod the population
Here so much that many can only hope to exist and get food on the table,and hopefully have a roof to live under.
But the Germans did not have the media technology that we have today . So occasionally bits of verifiable facts emerge. But bulk media available to the larger population is amended to fit the states narrative.
And it is important to keep some level of division and distraction amongst the masses . Ala the 911 and the Patriot Act and excuses to invade Iraq and etc.. Remember building 3 . That was demolished inspite of nothing hitting it.
Amazingly during the German election then ,the Riechstag, German Parliament their version of a big important Capitol building building was burned down. And blamed undesirables .Someday the
People might catch on and change the entire narrative.

Unless the government is doing genocide and world conquest Nazi comparisons should not be made because overuse of the Nazi analogy
1. Cheapens the unique horror of the holocaust
2. Just because something is not Nazi does not mean it is not really, really bad on its own merit.
3. The boy who cried wolf effect. So many Nazi comparisons are being made really bad things be it Nazi or otherwise will be ignored or dismissed as hyperbole.
4. This is why it is offensive to a whole lot of groups who were victims of the nazis. I realize "offensive" is a way overused term these days creating a boy who cried wolf effect. That does not mean this type of overuse of Nazi comparisons is not actually offensive.