Page 7 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2024, 6:08 pm

Irulan wrote:
I vaguely remember I tried to do something like that too when I was like eleven - I invented a symbol for each letter and tried to memorize those to be able to write in a secret language as well but no, I got rid of that diary too, for I got bored with writing after a couple of entries - as always. I was afraid my mother was going to find that diary in that case too - she did find my first "diary" that consisted of just one unfinished entry - I tried to write it when I was 9-10 - and grabbed it in spite of my protests, reading everything :? It was a very unpleasant memory, my mom was always very nosey.

I can tragicomically relate because all my attempts to keep my diaries secret ended up with my much older sister reading them all. If I didn't locked them maybe she wouldn't be that curious. I started my first diary also when I was eleven, it's so funny when I read it now, but later I would write down every possible thought I had. I was pretty confused when I was 16 and 17. Those diaries were really my best friends at that time.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 5:51 am

When I started this very first diary, as a child of nine or ten, the one that I got rid of right after writing down in it just a coouple of sentences, I also wanted to write down EVERYTHING I did which was, after all, impossible. Every single thing - literally. And due to this fact, I decided to get rid of this diary (just one single unfinished entry) instantly; I put it into a cabinet and later on when I was cleaning said cabinet like a couple of months later, mom came in and noticed that sheet of paper, so she instantly grabbed it and read everything in spite of my wild protests :? I felt so humiliated. Now I hide my diaries in the lowest drawer of my desk, in a special box in which I keep also my souvenirs - my old drawings from my childhood and so on.

barelydomestic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2024, 6:04 am

I try to.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 7:16 am

Irulan wrote:
When I started this very first diary, as a child of nine or ten, the one that I got rid of right after writing down in it just a coouple of sentences, I also wanted to write down EVERYTHING I did which was, after all, impossible. Every single thing - literally. And due to this fact, I decided to get rid of this diary (just one single unfinished entry) instantly; I put it into a cabinet and later on when I was cleaning said cabinet like a couple of months later, mom came in and noticed that sheet of paper, so she instantly grabbed it and read everything in spite of my wild protests :? I felt so humiliated. Now I hide my diaries in the lowest drawer of my desk, in a special box in which I keep also my souvenirs - my old drawings from my childhood and so on.

:lol: :lol: Same here, exactly the same, can't believe it - in the lowest drawer with my old drawings :). I now live alone but I put my diary leftovers (I checked, only three survived after I moved to the present apartment) to the highest shelf of my bookshelf. I just went through one from 1985 and found a page with a name of my old time crush written like 30 times :oops: .

I named my very first diary "Ćira", that's the nick name for Cyril. "Ćira" was more like my imaginary friend..

Today, I would be more embarassed if I suddenly die and someone find my Google search history :lol: . I would be even more embarassed if I don't die and someone still find it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 8:34 am

I had one of those therapy journals once. I stopped using it when other students kept trying to read it and laugh at me.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 10:10 am

I rather don't have an embarassing Google search history :lol: But then again, it depends on how to look at this :lol:

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 11:59 am

Well, yes, anything private and you want to keep it private becames embarassing when it gets public or available even to a one person that is not you yourself. Just from those diaries and people who somehow reach and grab them you can see how it becomes a weapon for harrasment if in wrong hands. Like @aspiegaming wrote in his comment here.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:27 pm

Well I don't officially keep a diary and I never have done. It's not something that has ever appealed to me.

I have however been in therapy for about 18 months though and I do sometimes make notes of certain things that crop up in between sessions so that I can remember to say them when I go but then I delete the things that I've said so I don't repeat myself and then I write new things down. I think it's a bit like a diary but it's more like bullet points

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:51 pm

I kept one briefly many years ago, but don't have a diary in general, as a rule.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:12 pm

Do people read their diaries back to themselves I wonder.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:29 pm

babybird wrote:
Do people read their diaries back to themselves I wonder.

I think some people do. Or sometimes other people read them, especially in the event of their death.

I am thinking of Anne Frank as an example.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:31 pm

Oh yeah she had a diary.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:42 pm

babybird wrote:
Oh yeah she had a diary.

That's a bit of an understatement. :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:44 pm

Have you read it

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:47 pm

I have. It makes me cry every time, and I’m not much of crier.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:48 pm

babybird wrote:
Have you read it

Not yet, but I do own "The Diary of A Young Girl" (the name of her diary).

I have read "Anne Frank: Her Life & Legacy" by Jemma J. Saunders which is about Anne Frank, but not by Anne Frank herself.