Trump demands new election, or to be reinstated as president

Page 6 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:55 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I can peddle influence, too. Doesn't mean I actually can get results. Without results, it's all hot air. And Joe Biden has stated over and over that his son is not part of his administration in any way, shape or form.

You've never actually looked into this story, have you?

I have, and recently read an article on why it was worse than we thought, but its never been a story that rises above "privileged people acting like privileged people" to me. Money corrupts and all that. There is a certain level that I just assume taints nearly all of the politicians. Of course I might be forgetting a piece, or doing that old "its hard to change people's mind" thing, but none of it changes the reality that the context the story is being brought up in is pure chum for the sharks with no substance. I shouldn't even be opening the thread.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 1:16 am

Is Hunter Biden a ne'er-do-well? It certainly seems so. But Hunter and his father are two different people, and it's unfair to equate the troubled, drug addled son with his dad who had time and again demonstrated his integrity.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 2:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Is Hunter Biden a ne'er-do-well? It certainly seems so. But Hunter and his father are two different people, and it's unfair to equate the troubled, drug addled son with his dad who had time and again demonstrated his integrity.

Even if Joe Biden is in no way whatsoever connected to what Hunter Biden was up to, a scandal is still a scandal. And scandals are usually harmful.

I agree with DW that the FBI shouldn't broadcast something/someone under investigation in the way Comey did. But the thing with this is it doesn't seem to just be a matter of them keeping a low profile regarding the HB investigation, but actively burying. To which apparently one FBI agent has been reprimanded for and resigned.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 2:15 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
But the thing with this is it doesn't seem to just be a matter of them keeping a low profile regarding the HB investigation, but actively burying. To which apparently one FBI agent has been reprimanded for and resigned.

That is different, I agree. To the extent there is any evidence of crimes and/or national security risks on the laptop, v simply highly distasteful activity, and the origination of the information can be authenticated, they would have a duty to investigate.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 3:48 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
But the thing with this is it doesn't seem to just be a matter of them keeping a low profile regarding the HB investigation, but actively burying. To which apparently one FBI agent has been reprimanded for and resigned.

That is different, I agree. To the extent there is any evidence of crimes and/or national security risks on the laptop, v simply highly distasteful activity, and the origination of the information can be authenticated, they would have a duty to investigate.

Looks like we have the same question and answer on two threads lol. Then again my thread is pretty much the same as this one.

Personally I think Trump just made that statement as a propaganda maneuver.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 3:50 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Even if Joe Biden is in no way whatsoever connected to what Hunter Biden was up to, a scandal is still a scandal. And scandals are usually harmful.

I agree with DW that the FBI shouldn't broadcast something/someone under investigation in the way Comey did. But the thing with this is it doesn't seem to just be a matter of them keeping a low profile regarding the HB investigation, but actively burying. To which apparently one FBI agent has been reprimanded for and resigned.

Regardless, it's still no reason for an election do-over.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-demands-either-new-election-immediately-or-make-him-rightful-president-now/ar-AA11eDBr?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=2f24dfe8210189d721d65ac88af43ead

Trump is now throwing "Hail Mary" passes

Oh I am not surprised one bit and nor am I would I be surprised if that guy got his way

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regardless, it's still no reason for an election do-over.

I think the election do-over Trump really wants is the one in 2024, and this is just propaganda.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:11 pm

Trump, explicitly, demanded that he either be re-instated as president, or a new election be performed.

There's no doubt as to the meaning of his words. No ambiguity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump, explicitly, demanded that he either be re-instated as president, or a new election be performed.

He's a spoiled rich brat of a kid who's been surrounded by sycophants who tell him what he wants to hear. Throwing a tantrum - especially as an adult - has always gotten him what he wants, and he figures the rest of the country shouldn't be any different.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:00 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I have, and recently read an article on why it was worse than we thought, but its never been a story that rises above "privileged people acting like privileged people" to me. Money corrupts and all that.

Shady Eastern European oil companies throw money at the son of the sitting vice president, later to become president, and you just hand-wave it away? What do you think they were paying him for? I'm seriously getting the vibe that you just don't want to know, that this is all just post hoc rationalization because you got what you wanted in Trump being out and don't care to know too much about how it was accomplished.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Why would anyone pay Hunter Biden millions of dollars?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why would anyone pay Hunter Biden millions of dollars?

Sure, people, companies, and maybe even governments might think they'd be getting an inside track to Biden's favors, but did that ever pan out? Where is there evidence it ever did (and no, that bullsh*t talk about the Ukrainian power company hardly counts, as all of Trump's accusations of garnering Biden's favor have been proven to be confabulations)?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, people, companies, and maybe even governments might think they'd be getting an inside track to Biden's favors, but did that ever pan out?

Well, we might know if there ever was investigation, as opposed to, you know, the FBI pressuring the social media companies to bury the story, the mainstream media pretending they didn't see anything, and Congress refusing to investigate out of partisan loyalty.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 1:34 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, people, companies, and maybe even governments might think they'd be getting an inside track to Biden's favors, but did that ever pan out?

Well, we might know if there ever was investigation, as opposed to, you know, the FBI pressuring the social media companies to bury the story, the mainstream media pretending they didn't see anything, and Congress refusing to investigate out of partisan loyalty.

How do you know there isn't or hasn't been an investigation? You know, the old fashioned kind, where the agents keep their pursuit close to the vest so as not to tip anyone off or taint the data? Where you only really know what they found when the indictment is handed down? And if they found nothing, exactly how, in this political climate, would they present that and have anyone believe them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 3:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

He's a spoiled rich brat of a kid who's been surrounded by sycophants who tell him what he wants to hear. Throwing a tantrum - especially as an adult - has always gotten him what he wants, and he figures the rest of the country shouldn't be any different.

I see the orange blob is a having another meltdown on social media :lol:
pathetic