Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 5:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It would be racist to assume that “innate ability,” rather than hard work, is behind African-American predominance in the NBA. Had Biden said that, he would have made a racist statement.

If you believe republicans when Asian kids get straight A's it's because they work/study hard and sacrifice
But when black kids train 8hrs a day 7 days a week to become elite sportsmen or women it's because of genes :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:29 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Cancel him

How can you be offended by something when you cant even make head or tails out of it?

This soundbite is way too incoherent to be offensive.

The opacity could be Biden's fault, or could be the film editor making a selective edit who is at fault, or it could be both.

But in any case, you cant even tell what he is saying.

He seems to be saying "you find the best street basketball is in neighborhoods were folks show up to practice basketball". So if thats what he is saying than I dont see how it's 'racist'. Its just your standard plug for hardwork that...all of our authority figures are expected to make to young folks.

If you project into it something like "in Manhatten you find the best street basketball north of 125th Street (ie in Harlem) then yes - there would a racial element, because Harlem is historically a Black area.

But is saying "you find the best cannoli in town in Little Italy" "racist" then? Or saying "the best lo mien in Frisco is in such and such a restaurant in China Town" racist?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:44 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But is saying "you find the best cannoli in town in Little Italy" "racist" then? Or saying "the best lo mien in Frisco is in such and such a restaurant in China Town" racist?

According to some of the wokes, yes, they've really expanded the meaning of that word over the years.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:52 am

People "show up to play basketball" in these areas because they want to get better at playing basketball. They want to play against the best. There's nothing inherently "racist" in this.

This is for various reasons. One example is the notion that being excellent at playing basketball might get you a college scholarship.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:46 pm

Where was the racist remark? Him being the only white guy? I have been one of the few white people in the room one time when I was 18 because it was uncle's 50th bday. His whole family is black because he is so he invited his family members. I felt weird being the minority now but I figured this is how they always feel in day to day life because most people are white in this country.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 5:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Where was the racist remark? Him being the only white guy? I have been one of the few white people in the room one time when I was 18 because it was uncle's 50th bday. His whole family is black because he is so he invited his family members. I felt weird being the minority now but I figured this is how they always feel in day to day life because most people are white in this country.

Apparently that's enough for the republicans

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 5:46 pm

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 6:15 pm

I'm a "minority" at my workplace....and I don't feel "funny" about it. I work with mostly non-white people, and I'm white.

We treat each other like people, and we get along pretty well.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 6:36 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Where was the racist remark?

Gotta be on the lookout for those dog whistles the left is always warning about...

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 6:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
Gotta be on the lookout for those dog whistles the left is always warning about...

Isn't it amazing how they're the only ones who can hear them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Apparently we aren't the only ones who hear the dog whistles
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... -outbreak/

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 8:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Apparently we aren't the only ones who hear the dog whistles
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... -outbreak/

I think you should give up on posting links to articles, unless you intentionally post ones that have nothing to do with what's being talked about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 9:11 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I think you should give up on posting links to articles, unless you intentionally post ones that have nothing to do with what's being talked about.

Right? I think he thinks we won't check or something, he's been shockingly consistent with it for years at this point. Slow learner I guess.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 11:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Cancel him

How can you be offended by something when you cant even make head or tails out of it?

This soundbite is way too incoherent to be offensive.

The opacity could be Biden's fault, or could be the film editor making a selective edit who is at fault, or it could be both.

But in any case, you cant even tell what he is saying.

He seems to be saying "you find the best street basketball is in neighborhoods were folks show up to practice basketball". So if thats what he is saying than I dont see how it's 'racist'. Its just your standard plug for hardwork that...all of our authority figures are expected to make to young folks.

If you project into it something like "in Manhatten you find the best street basketball north of 125th Street (ie in Harlem) then yes - there would a racial element, because Harlem is historically a Black area.

Since he was the only white guy there he was talking about a black neighborhood and he associated it with not only basketball but high crime which are stereotypes of blacks.

You say it is a stretch to see racism in his remarks. It was apparently such a stretch none of you could see it. And even if it is there, it was so minor he does not deserve to be canceled over it, right?

The above paragraph is exactly what us anti-wokes have been trying to say about a lot of these "anti-racist" shaming and cancellation campaigns for years now. And when we do it is often automatically assumed to be proof of our racism.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman