Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 5:13 pm

Along with magnesium, this is one highly recommended nutritional approach to treating high functioning forms of autism (low functioning autists, the poor dears, still probably need more intensive treatment). Also known as Vitamin B6, this nutrient is essential for the conversion of tryptophan into serotonin, and it probably serves a multitude of other purposes.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 5:20 pm

I am not to good at telling if something is "helping".I do try and take 100mg B complex,fish oil,multi-mineral but am not sure of the "levels" that might be helpful.

On related subject.I have read recently the something like....70-80% of seritonin is produced in the intestines.... 8O .Have you read anything about this or have any links that might explain how someone with IBS might be effected by this( in absorbtion?or production?)I have noticed a link in immune related health problems and AU/AS.One of these is IBS and I would think there might be a connection between some AS depression and IBS.Does this make any sense.(I have no back ground in sciences,so my theory may be way off base.)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

08 Aug 2007, 5:25 pm

I took a high dose like 15 years ago. I noticed B6's powerful diuretic effect when I ran. I had to make a urine stop in the middle of my run in the woods and I had extreme thirst for water shortly after that. I guess I took it a few months. Like Krex said I'm not sure I noticed any effects on my mind.