Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:00 pm

Postperson: You are really starting to piss me off, you little microbe. How about you actually read some posts before prattling on things that make absolutely no sense at all? But I suppose that's part of the collective Christian mentality that we've all come to know, especially with the evangelical brigade from the States; 'crucify' all non-believers cos they are damned blah-de-blah, 'don't worry, they'll repent' type of rubbish etc etc. I WILL NOT accept your beliefs as being the one true belief system, simply because it is insulting to the majority of the planet to think that way. I have my beliefs, and I shall not sway from them either, but at least I'm not trying to convert you buggers over to them either. So step back, have a real good look at what everyone has been saying, and maybe give yourself a few uppercuts for being such a prat.

BTW, I've just noticed you're supposed to be an Aussie; probably from Sydney, that explains why you can't string a good argument together, what with that oversized coathanger for a bridge 'n all.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:04 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
It just seems to me that you holier-than-thou Christians have started up the 11th century crusades again, and are trying to convert everyone to your beliefs

(Jonny, did I leave my torch and stake over at your church? I can't remember...)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:09 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
It just seems to me that you holier-than-thou Christians have started up the 11th century crusades again, and are trying to convert everyone to your beliefs, not giving a rat's arse about what we believe. Are you so anally retentive and ignorant to the possibility that there is more to life than God and his works that you fail to see there IS more to this universe? Ragtime, I was merely trying to ascertain the actual fact behind what you keep quoting; as you only really have your faith as well as the book to back you up. The Postperson craps on about McPagans and McAtheists, virtually saying that everyone better listen to the Christian point of view, because any other new ideas (or just any OTHER ideas, for that matter) are just plain BS. I wish you lot would stop trying to make out that your god is the only one and that you are the only ones that are right and everyone else is wrong and that all of us others are going to your so-called 'hell', because frankly we are all sick of it. And, BTW JohnnyBGoode, what I ACTUALLY said was that TO ME the bible is just a lot of stories and folklore; the point about Caesar's documentation of the Peloponnesian war is not exactly correct, because at the time those wars happened, Caesar had more eyewitnesses to document his case than the writers of the gospels had when they retold their stories. As I have ALSO said, if you guys want to believe in your god etc, fine; just stop rolling your eyes and trying to convert us just because we DON'T believe.

Postperson: I don't have to justify myself to you either, and all this apologist crap is just another Christian paranoia trip.

We've got our salvation, so we're set. Therefore, if we choose to go out of our way to share our faith, it's only out of genuine concern for our fellow men and women. Most of us are in no position to gain anything from your listening to us; it's purely a charitable gesture. Call it misguided if you want to, but understand the kind intent behind it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:14 pm

greenblue wrote:
The_Chosen_One wrote:
This may be a rhetorical question Ragtime etc, but what makes you so damn certain you are right?

That's a good question, I see that he always back up his arguments with the bible and he says he knows the "truth", at the same time he goes against other religions, that makes me wonder why he does have the "truth" and the others don't, which he claims with arrogance that he does. We already know for sure that there are many interpretations of the bible, but his is suppose to be the right one. :?

You left out that I also know God personally. That makes it a little hard to pretend He doesn't exist.
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
What's your problem with me thinking that I am? Why the ire? Why does it make you, and others, upset that I believe in God? That's the real issue.

I believe you know what it is.

Actually, ya I do, but I was interested in your answer.
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
I can give, and have given, countless reasons why I believe, and you and others have not listened.

We listen, we just don't believe the same thing you do

Well, that's fine with me. I usually say nothing on the matter until I'm challenged to do so.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:16 pm

Postperson wrote:
go to an apologetics site. stop boring me.

Ya, really. There's this really great information resource out there. It's called the "internet".

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:22 pm

greenblue wrote:
JonnyBGoode wrote:
Hey, we're not the ones that come into every thread on religion going *snerk* *teehee* there is no god *snerk* *giggle* get a sanity check *snerk* *guffah*. Who's doing all the eyerolling here? And when our beliefs are attacked, do you really think we'll just sit back and not defend ourselves? You atheists can mock and ridicule Christians all you want, and we're not supposed to say anything at all in return, we're just supposed to sit here and take it? Is that how this works?

I see your point, but our good friend Raggy always goes with his religion beliefs everywhere it seems, that's ok for me, but when it comes to touchy subjects like homosexuality he doesn't stop, does he? then they feel offended and insulted, now I ask you the same question: Would they just sit back and not defend themselves?

I see no reason to take a powder on the hot topics. I genuinely want a respectful exchange of information with everyone from different viewpoints, in order both to educate myself and to share with others my core Christian beliefs on such matters.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:25 pm

OK, you may think you are set and know where you are going; I believe that I could either be i) reincarnated, or ii) travel to a higher plane upon death or iii) any number of things could happen. But just because I don't believe your way, and thus haven't had your salvation, doesn't make your religion or beliefs any better, that's all. I'm not trying to convert you to paganism (would have given up after the first attempt had I tried), so don't try to back-handedly convert me. Your god is yours, he or it just ain't mine.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.