Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 2:03 pm

I could dig it 8)

Hedly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2022, 2:13 pm

No thanks. Barack was bad enough. I don't want any more Obamas, don't want any more Bushes, I don't want any more Clinton's. They can all go f**k themselves.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:05 pm

Anyone's better than Biden.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm

It's a long running liberal fantasy, but I really, really, REALLY do NOT think she is interested.

Among other things, she is well aware that she has privilege with her image right now that she would no longer have.

Watching that clip, though ... Barack Obama did have charisma, didn't he? But least anyone think I'm stanning, I am well aware that charisma isn't what makes a president good.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 6:39 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
It's a long running liberal fantasy, but I really, really, REALLY do NOT think she is interested.

Among other things, she is well aware that she has privilege with her image right now that she would no longer have.

Watching that clip, though ... Barack Obama did have charisma, didn't he? But least anyone think I'm stanning, I am well aware that charisma isn't what makes a president good.

I think it is. I think the American president is basically either a kind of national mascot, the involuntary puppet floating on historic events and whatever the technocrats recommend - or a Trump - a gangster stuck in a position of powerlessness.
The only power seems to be picking supreme court judges.

So, yeah, why not her. I don't think it matters much.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 7:41 pm

The vbloggers claim that people think a Michelle Obama potential candidacy is crazy or laughable does not jive with the vast majority of articles I have read about her potential candidacy

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Hedly

11 Sep 2022, 8:18 pm

One thing that disgusted me the most about Michelle Obama was when she gave a speech after the 2016 election and shamed women for not voting for Hillary. Utterly revolting!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm

I think it's sexist when people are supposed to vote for women just because they're women. ^

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I think it's sexist when people are supposed to vote for women just because they're women. ^

I agree and I think it's also racist when people are supposed to vote for somebody just because of their skin color.

I had no real issue with Barack Obama being our president other than the fact that it seemed to me like so many Americans were judging him by his skin color alone. It felt like everyone was either for him or agsinst him simply because he was our first black president and nobody really cares about his policies.

The Democrats were just as judging of his skin color as the Republicans were. Just because they put him on a high pedestal did not make it any less racist.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:12 pm

But with all that said, I respect Michelle Obama a lot more than Melania Trump. She took her duties as the First Lady very seriously while Melania spent the whole time hiding from public view.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:19 pm

I would vote for her.

Not because she is a woman; not because she is pretty; not because she is (likely) a Leftist Liberal Democrat; and not because her last name happens to be ‘Obama’.

I would vote for her because she is intelligent, educated, young enough to serve two full terms without developing any form of senile dementia, and because she is neither Trump nor any other Trump clone or Trump wannabe (i.e., Abbot, DeSantis, et cetera).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 11 Sep 2022, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
I would vote for her.

Not because she is a woman; not because she is pretty; not because she is (likely) a Leftist Liberal Democrat; and not because her last name happens to be ‘Obama’.

I would vote for her because she is intelligent, educated, young enough to serve two full terms without developing any form of senile dementia, and because she is neither Trump nor DeSantis nor Abbot nor any other Trump clone or Trump wannabe.

I would too for the same reasons you listed. She's a very admirable woman.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:22 pm

Guess I'm old fashioned for voting based on policy.

Hedly

11 Sep 2022, 9:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
I would vote for her.

I would vote for her because she is intelligent, educated, young enough to serve two full terms without developing any form of senile dementia, and because she is neither Trump nor any other Trump clone or Trump wannabe (i.e., Abbot, DeSantis, et cetera).

Sounds like a very bad criteria for choosing a candidate to cast your vote for.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:28 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Guess I'm old fashioned for voting based on policy.

You rebel. 8O