Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hedly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2022, 9:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Guess I'm old fashioned for voting based on policy.

Yeah, it's all all about personality at this point. Most Americans don't have a clue about what's going in congress anyway.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:36 pm

Hedly wrote:
Most Americans don't have a clue about what's going in congress anyway.
Pride, avarice/greed, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth. Have I overlooked anything?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 11 Sep 2022, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:37 pm

Barack Obama made mistakes but his policies were better than Trump's by a long shot, and Michelle Obama was trying to help get America's youth to eat healthier meals in schools while Melania Trump was butchering the White House rose garden and wearing a jacket that said "I Don't Care!".

Melania was a very non-active first lady who mostly hid from the spotlight. She must have been pretty embaressed being married to a man who was trying to destroy social order so he could become a dictator and all.

Hedly

11 Sep 2022, 9:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Hedly wrote:
Most Americans don't have a clue about what's going in congress anyway.
Pride, avarice/greed, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth. Have I overlooked anything?

Doesn't sound like any of these people are worth voting for, eh? Why vote at all?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:54 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
She must have been pretty embaressed being married to a man who was trying to destroy social order so he could become a dictator and all.

I'm sure she cried herself to sleep on her pillow full of money every night.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 10:01 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
She must have been pretty embaressed being married to a man who was trying to destroy social order so he could become a dictator and all.

I'm sure she cried herself to sleep on her pillow full of money every night.

Good point, which is why unlike some feminist liberals who try to muster up sympathy for her by making claims that Trump is so abusive towards her behind closed doors, I feel no pity for this woman. She has always supported her husband's policies and I don't buy for one second that she's a victim.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 12:16 am

shlaifu wrote:
The only power seems to be picking supreme court judges.

I think voters underestimate the power here.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 12:18 am

Fnord wrote:
I would vote for her because she is intelligent, educated, young enough to serve two full terms without developing any form of senile dementia, and because she is neither Trump nor any other Trump clone or Trump wannabe (i.e., Abbot, DeSantis, et cetera).

All true. And, more importantly (to respond to some other comments in this thread), she supports progressive policies without being extreme.

I just don't think she'll run.