Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2022, 7:12 pm

There are two families. They have all girls and have some sons. Why is that this family has five daughters and the other family have seven daughters?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm

Random chance.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:51 pm

A family "curse". It wasn't all that very long ago when everyone thought (and many still do) that girls were useless, only having boys was a good thing. So many ancient curses were put on families so that they'd never have boys, or they'd have many more girls than boys.

Or it could all be just a coincidence, I don't really know. Also your kids might not want to be the gender they were born with forever.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm

Why do you keep on asking that question?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 8:40 am

My grandma was for example one of the eight daughters of their parents - they had also only one son :D My gran was the only one who survived though (the whole rest of them died of tuberculosis as children/teens) - she was the last but one child.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 1:16 pm

I know the "curse" must have been put on my mother's family because my grandparents really wanted a boy but their first two kids were my aunt and then my mom. They wanted a boy so badly they adopted my uncle sometime afterwards. And then my grandmother had another baby, and this time it was a boy! Then a few years later, not that long before my brother and I were born they had their last child, who was again a girl.

My mother once told me that when she was born my grandmother was so disappointed she wasn't a boy she wouldn't hold my future mom or take care of her at first. I was pretty shocked by that, but it might have been some post-partum thing. :(

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2022, 5:03 pm

They had five daughters and one son and the other has seven daughters and three sons. Why is that?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 5:07 pm

My great grandmother was in turn very disappointed that my grandmother was not a pretty child, unlike her younger sister (though the only photo of her sister that has survived, shows a girl who looked quite ordinary, not some sort of village beauty or anything like that) - she didn't love her too much due to this but gran was telling me this when I was a child, without any sort of embitterment in her voice - for her, it was just a normal thing her mother preferred her sister. But grandma - that ugly girl - was the only child of her parents who survived and took care of her mom when she was already very old and ill (my great grandmother died at 95).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 5:26 pm

ivyeight6 wrote:
They had five daughters and one son and the other has seven daughters and three sons. Why is that?
RANDOM CHANCE!!

Do you understand the concept?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2022, 5:27 pm

Yes. Now I know.